would an SBR be a good choice for a woman?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Is the shooter in question 4 feet tall or have disabilities ? If so there are work arounds. But for more or less health , more or less adult sized people , perhaps some 3lb dunbells from Sports Authority ? Shooting a 7 or 7.5lb gun offhand doesn't require Lou Firigno .

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    I appreciate all the replies I didn't think about the storm. But very interesting option and I think I'll research this a bit more. It's light weight, has a pic rail for optics, accurate out to 100 yds and pretty compact. I think I'll take her to see one, shoulder it etc. even if she ends up with one, I'll probably still want an ar pistol for myself ;)

I have the 9mm cx4 and out of the box I've fired over a thousand rounds through without cleaning yet. Not one failure. I bought it as a fun shooter but am now thinking its a great HD gun.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I have the 9mm cx4 and out of the box I've fired over a thousand rounds through without cleaning yet. Not one failure. I bought it as a fun shooter but am now thinking its a great HD gun.

I bought one pre SB281 because I thought it was going to be banned based on length. It's now one of my favorite rifles and the one my wife and daughters are most familiar with.

Wait, I had no idea it required cleaning since its a plastic gun. I'll have to look into that. :)

Feb 28, 2013
    The other day I was at the range and someone had one of those, new out of the box. I think he fired 2 rounds and spent the rest of the range session trying to disimpact some rounds that got crushed in the action.

That sucks. That's a good lookin' rifle.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I appreciate all the replies
    I didn't think about the storm.
    But very interesting option and I think I'll research this a bit more.
    It's light weight, has a pic rail for optics, accurate out to 100 yds and pretty compact.
    I think I'll take her to see one, shoulder it etc.
    even if she ends up with one, I'll probably still want an ar pistol for myself ;)

Another advantage of the storm is that the magazine feeds through the pistol grip so the weight of the mag is in your strong hand. The weak hand is only holding the very light forearm and barrel. Bonus if you have a matching pistol that uses the same magazines. Mine shares magazines with my M9/92FS so if you ever picture yourself being armed with both a rifle and pistol in some extreme SHTF scenerio, you'll have the advantage of sharing mags between both.
    Also I think you may find that shouldering a Sig brace isn't all its cracked up to be. The LOP is super short and puts your head weird angle over the sights. Its doable but not comfortable.

Feb 28, 2013
    Nice to look at if you are into that kind of thing, but to stake my life on in an emergency, I think it is a poor choice. No magazine, no easy way to quickly reload....

Obviously that's a choice I wouldn't make. That's what I have semis for.

Looks like a nice plinker though.

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    What area are you from? I have a 9mm AR "pistol" with a 5" barrel and sig brace that your wife could potentially try. The noise isn't any worse than any standard 9mm handgun, and the kick is barely existent.

MdPrep

Tactically Tactless
    Sep 24, 2014
    I have a couple of Police Turn-In, H&K Model 94 SBRs (SEMIAUTOMATIC) in stock.

These are great for smaller shooters.

mps.jpg

Gorgeous! What do I have to do in order to pick one up?? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom