• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Sent 9/24/18, returned with 10/11/18 dated receipt.

Q

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Got my green postcard last week; today the letter.

For those of you with a paranoid mindset, be aware that even though I have a C&R license and am in theiir database, the letter came back with my name mis-spelled, due to my poor handwriting. They obviously are not putting effort into accumulating and cross-checking the data. Doubtless overwhelmed with MD's BS.

It's the government. They're not that good at what they do. Don't worry, be happy.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Finally received my return letter late last week. The contents contained my original letter to them, as well as the letter with the Maryland law, etc.- the same as their email reply referring to the MD Law.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Got my green postcard last week; today the letter.

For those of you with a paranoid mindset, be aware that even though I have a C&R license and am in theiir database, the letter came back with my name mis-spelled, due to my poor handwriting. They obviously are not putting effort into accumulating and cross-checking the data. Doubtless overwhelmed with MD's BS.

It's the government. They're not that good at what they do. Don't worry, be happy.

All righty then...Got my Green Card back, too...

Attachments

• 2D3988B4-185E-4DAA-8184-75ED151E1F84.jpeg
      2D3988B4-185E-4DAA-8184-75ED151E1F84.jpeg
      18.5 KB · Views: 362

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    What if people asked for permission via email on October 1st and got the standard response the next day on October 2nd? Do they have to sell all of their gun lubes? Asking for a friend.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    What if people asked for permission via email on October 1st and got the standard response the next day on October 2nd? Do they have to sell all of their gun lubes? Asking for a friend.

This is kinda like taxes. You want that postmark/receipt to say 9/30/18 or before. 10/1 is too late. YMMV

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Those of us with our USPS post-marked “Return Receipt Requested” receipt paperwork in hand from the last few days of September are quite comfortable that we have complied with what is needed.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Those of us with our USPS post-marked “Return Receipt Requested” receipt paperwork in hand from the last few days of September are quite comfortable that we have complied with what is needed.

Those of us with our email request and response as well. We have complied with the judges instructions. My only question is, how many letters and emails regarding the Maryland's law were received? I think that is important information to know.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Those of us with our email request and response as well. We have complied with the judges instructions. My only question is, how many letters and emails regarding the Maryland's law were received? I think that is important information to know.

I don't know how to go about getting that information from the ATF. It would be interesting to have the information. My guess is that it's not as many as you would like to have seen.

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    I don't know how to go about getting that information from the ATF. It would be interesting to have the information. My guess is that it's not as many as you would like to have seen.

There are handwritten numbers on the top of each letter that was sent back. Each member of my family got a different number. So it appears to me that there were at least 5500+ people who mailed an application.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    There are handwritten numbers on the top of each letter that was sent back. Each member of my family got a different number. So it appears to me that there were at least 5500+ people who mailed an application.

Yes mine has that also but it is also stamped with a date.

Attachments

• 6729BA6E-1B8A-4C08-8BFE-639EEDEFC46F.jpg
      6729BA6E-1B8A-4C08-8BFE-639EEDEFC46F.jpg
      42.6 KB · Views: 215

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    My letter has a date stamp Oct 11 2018 and handwritten notation 19-0524.

Envelope postmarked Oct 19 2018 from zipcode 25405 (Martinsburg WV).

Interestingly, the green card was postmarked 15 Oct 18, from Harrisburg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom