Does a Carry Permit Allow you to pay and go same day?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Or how about you stop misinterpreting things that I'm saying. I don't "hate" the police, and I've not said anything in this thread that would indicate that I "hate" the police. Much the opposite in fact. You are choosing to interpret my desire that the police not be treated as a special class as "hating" them, and that's purely your deal.

I don't think that I'm pissing and moaning about anything, and I'm certainly not upset at you, nor do I think it's somehow your fault that the law is what it is.

It's a dumb law, and it impacts all of us equally in this case. I just think that last part is a good thing, that's all.
    Well thanks for the clarification. :beer:

I’ve heard the term “special class of people” used many times when folks were complaining about Police. It was never used as any “term of endearment”. So you’ll have to forgive me for not seeing the difference in the term being used here.

I catch a lot of flack from folks who don’t like being told what the laws say. I’m not a statist... I’m simply tired of seeing folks pay huge prices for poor choices because they either don’t know the laws... or don’t care... or believe that they are sly enough to not get caught. And when they do get caught... somehow... it’s always the fault of the LEO who stopped them. :sad20:

Have a good day.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Well thanks for the clarification. :beer:

No problem, and honestly I'm sorry if my position wasn't clear from the outset.

I’ve heard the term “special class of people” used many times when folks were complaining about Police. It was never used as any “term of endearment”. So you’ll have to forgive me for not seeing the difference in the term being used here.

Again, no problem. I didn't mean the term perjoratively toward the cops themselves. I do mean it perjoratively toward those who make the laws.

Have a good day.

You too, man.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    Exactly. There is ZERO reason to treat a cop differently than any of the rest of us when it comes to our rights.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe there is a statistic that indicated LEOs are more likely to commit crimes with firearms than private CCW holders.

And to be clear, I believe that LEOs should in fact be granted lifetime CCW rights. A LEO encounters criminals regularly. Many criminals may hold longstanding grudges.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    If I'm not mistaken, I believe there is a statistic that indicated LEOs are more likely to commit crimes with firearms than private CCW holders.

And to be clear, I believe that LEOs should in fact be granted lifetime CCW rights. A LEO encounters criminals regularly. Many criminals may hold longstanding grudges.

A cop's CCW rights should be zero different than any other person's CCW rights. Period.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County

Statistically, CCW holders are among the most law-abiding demographics in the entire country. Seriously. Right up there with nuns and infants. Police officers, as a demographic, are convicted of misdemeanors and felonies (of all types, not just with firearms) at SIX TIMES the rate that CCW holders are.

WHY is a good question, but I know that the fact I have a permit makes me exquisitely aware of how tenuous a position that is. And when I'm actually carrying, I'm so, so careful. About EVERYTHING.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Uh oh, Hawk, now you’ve gone and done it.

LOL

I don't think that there's many here who would disagree with that. I was just kind of making the statement because I wanted to point out that the whole "but cops encounter felons..." argument is exactly the line of logic that leads us to the whole Maryland system of special classes of people when it comes to carry permits. If you go down that path, it leads to dangerous places - i.e. where we are now.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    , if Military and LEOs get a carve out, many of those people are less likely to keep fighting with us. And we need all of the people we can get.

I disagree, I have never known or seen a Military or LEO who did not support the right for individuals to possess firearms. I don't count Chief of Police in that mix because they are in-effect political Appointees. All individuals have the right to bears arms, provided they proper training in its safe use and storage. That said individuals are mentally competed to do so, or are not convicted violent criminals.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I disagree, I have never known or seen a Military or LEO who did not support the right for individuals to possess firearms.

I've met a few. Including one retired county cop who didn't purchase his duty weapon when he retired because "I'm no longer a police officer and only police officers and the military should carry guns." Same guy does not even own a firearm for self defense in the home.

They may be in the minority but they are out there.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I've met a few. Including one retired county cop who didn't purchase his duty weapon when he retired because "I'm no longer a police officer and only police officers and the military should carry guns." Same guy does not even own a firearm for self defense in the home.

They may be in the minority but they are out there.

I assure you... there are a far smaller percentage of LEOs who don’t believe in the 2A as an individual right per capita than there are citizens who don’t believe in the 2A as an individual right. Yes I’ve met and argued the point with a few... out of thousands I’ve met over the last forty plus years.

The ratio of 2A believers is MUCH higher in LE and Military than in the general civilian population

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom