• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdougal08

Jan 25, 2008
    This all about YOU and your personal permit. The fact that you own/operate a business is part of why you personally have a shot, in MD, of having that permit. Individual.

That's what I thought but wanted to confirm.

Thanks

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    I was told I have to fill out the form electronically, print it and mail it. Is that correct? Maybe it is my PC but I can only see the form as non editable .pdf am I missing something here?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    This is correct, your Adobe must not be letting you fill in the fields.
    I was told I have to fill out the form electronically, print it and mail it. Is that correct? Maybe it is my PC but I can only see the form as non editable .pdf am I missing something here?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The MSP Acrobat documents only seem to work correctly with Adobe Acrobat. Other programs like PDF Exchange Viewer don’t work.

That’s called modern technology just like your site only works with IE.

SMH

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    The MSP Acrobat documents only seem to work correctly with Adobe Acrobat. Other programs like PDF Exchange Viewer don’t work.

That’s called modern technology just like your site only works with IE.

SMH

"Modern Technology" should work with multiple platforms. MDShooters works great in Chrome for me BTW.

marvelouzone

Aug 9, 2018
    For me I submitted my application in May and had my interview in just over 90 days. Just received my permit last week.

just curious how much documentation you had to submit?? My app was delivered on the 12th.. I took about a week to organize documents and bank receipts. I submitted for 2 business I run.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Okay it has been 3 months since I have submitted. I have not heard anything yet. My check was cashed like 11 weeks ago. Is there a particular person I should contact?

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Okay it has been 3 months since I have submitted. I have not heard anything yet. My check was cashed like 11 weeks ago. Is there a particular person I should contact?

So I was told to call back no sooner than when exactly my three months is up. Which is like, in a couple days. Kind of an annoying answer.

Has anyone else had this experience? 90 days with zero contact whatsoever other than your check being cashed?

I'm not trying to be a dick but, there has to be a limit...

scattervision

Bang Bang Bangity Bang
    May 12, 2016
    Portal application

Has there been discussion about the prospect of an electronic WC application in the MSP Portal? Apologies if this was already covered. I’ve read many of the posts in this thread, but not all 250 pages...

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The MSP has been saying for months an electronic app was coming. This on the MSP LD web site

So far, nada

Attachments

• 416AF1C7-8D5B-4863-A451-E08DF1B7CDB2.jpeg
      416AF1C7-8D5B-4863-A451-E08DF1B7CDB2.jpeg
      54.9 KB · Views: 561
    May 8, 2018
    Hello All,

Question on to appeal or not. I am predicting that my permit,( if Granted) will have a restriction on it. Something related to current job, while employed with.... My job is related to clearance, opm, and a bunch of other things that I believe would without question grant a permit. My question is I do not foresee leaving this job and if the permit comes in with restrictions to appeal or not. Can you appeal when it is time to renew or is it only in the first 10 days once issued. What i do not want is to find out in 10+ years when i retire/leave this current job that I can no longer appeal this permit. I am also thinking that at that time my G&S would have changed to be that I have been exposed to where the aliens are and that the status has been set to keep said permit. It is not like after the job i am in I will forget what i know or no longer be a target when i stop working for I will still know who shot JFK.

Thoughts?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Hello All,

Question on to appeal or not. I am predicting that my permit,( if Granted) will have a restriction on it. Something related to current job, while employed with.... My job is related to clearance, opm, and a bunch of other things that I believe would without question grant a permit. My question is I do not foresee leaving this job and if the permit comes in with restrictions to appeal or not. Can you appeal when it is time to renew or is it only in the first 10 days once issued. What i do not want is to find out in 10+ years when i retire/leave this current job that I can no longer appeal this permit. I am also thinking that at that time my G&S would have changed to be that I have been exposed to where the aliens are and that the status has been set to keep said permit. It is not like after the job i am in I will forget what i know or no longer be a target when i stop working for I will still know who shot JFK.

Thoughts?

You can appeal in the 10 days after receiving your permit. IF you get said permit and then something changes or you have gone past the 10 day time frame you must submit a letter with the changes requested and a check for $10 payable to MSP. If they grant your request you're golden, if they do not you have the same 10 day window to appeal to the HPRB.

There have been several folks recently who have received permits restricted to "while employed by" or words to that effect who have successfully appealed these restrictions to the HPRB.

If you are granted a permit due to your TS clearance and you retire currently the MSP will not renew your permit as they deem the threat (because of active TS clearance) has passed. Yes, this is incredibly stupid because as you say you are still required to not divulge the info that you have floating around in your cranium and that knowledge falling into the wrong hands could still be detrimental to the security of these 57 United States regardless of your employment status.

Meho1277

Oct 18, 2018
    So I was told to call back no sooner than when exactly my three months is up. Which is like, in a couple days. Kind of an annoying answer.

Has anyone else had this experience? 90 days with zero contact whatsoever other than your check being cashed?

I'm not trying to be a dick but, there has to be a limit...

I have both DC and VA, DC I waited 4 months and then started calling, after a couple of run arounds, i was finally told that I didn't sign somewhere, went down to headquarters signed and was issued that day.
    VA, waited 5 months with no word, watched the mail for the last 2 months, and finally it came.
    All that i can say is wait the alotted time and then call for a follow up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom