You should eventually receive this:

Attachments

• F00478B2-779B-4B4F-B6A7-9D95BD793DB3.jpg
      F00478B2-779B-4B4F-B6A7-9D95BD793DB3.jpg
      92.1 KB · Views: 589

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I mailed in the MSI form. I truly believe it won't mean squat if the thing becomes law in Oct. 19'.

It is law now, and it won't mean squat after October '19. The point of the letter was to allow you to continue to possess such devices now. That is because it became illegal to have such devices in Maryland unless you had applied to the ATF for permission to possess them prior to October 1, 2018. As long as you applied (i.e. sent the letter) then you may continue to possess them until October 1, 2019. After that time, you need specific permission from ATF to continue to possess them, and ATF has no legal jurisdiction to issue such permission, so the letter won't mean squat after 10/1/19.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    It is law now, and it won't mean squat after October '19. The point of the letter was to allow you to continue to possess such devices now.

Right. I meant not overturned.

Again, I have no proof what my letter stated. As Swinokur said simply, all I have proof of is that I sent the ATF something. Could have been a birthday card. That doesn't hold water unless they send something back.

I'm hoping I get back the "reject" letter that some have.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Just FYI - USPS:
    No green card yet.

I have a second shipment of bullets from Precision in limbo, "In transit" - first order for three weeks now, second order for one week. calling usps gives a 90 minute wait to get someone on the line.

However, I am hoping the lawsuit will make these applications a mute point before Oct. 1, 2019. :fingerscrossed:

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I wonder what the numbers were. I bet a few hundred. Would have been nice if it were 10000 but I doubt it.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Second letter - Priority Mail dtd 9/26. BATF/E received 9/27.

Initial letter - RRR dtd 9/17. Green card in my mailbox 10/18.

Neither letter returned by BATF/E as of yet.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Second letter - Priority Mail dtd 9/26. BATF/E received 9/27.

Initial letter - RRR dtd 9/17. Green card in my mailbox 10/18.

Neither letter returned by BATF/E as of yet.

ATF "Return Without Action" dtd Oct 11 was received today, Oct 29th, bearing file #19-0865.

In that envelope was an ATF Special Advisory with an original date of Apr 24th with an additional date of Sep 18th at the bottom of the SA. The crux of that missive: "ATF is without legal authority to accept and process such an application...ATF regrets any confusion and inconvenience caused by the provisions of the MD statute that mistakenly indicate ATF has the authority to approve possession of devices covered by the statute"

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    So I sent my letter out certified to the ATF in September. I just received it back as UNDELIVERABLE. I also sent one for my wife through regular USPS and it was delivered and she received a reply back from the ATF. The post office said it was undeliverable because I had the wrong zip code. I told the lady at the post office that it was the same exact address that I sent my wife’s to and it was received. I sent them out from the same post office, just different days.
    So what do I do now? Hold onto the letter as evidence that I tried to comply?

MdGunFiend

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 26, 2012
    only thing I have that may be an "activator" is 2 ounces of gun oil
    I'll take my chances of ATF kicking my door down for that

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member