• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • andy41567

Oct 1, 2018
    I carry current permits from other states yet. But my wife and I decided to try and conquer the MD process. We both started with our HQL's of course and with in 5 days she got here's already... But I have not. So I came here cause there is a wealth of information in here.
    So when I was looking at the check list on the HQL login site I saw most everything for me was complete but 3...they said incomplete... Do I need to be worried of just give it more time?

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I carry current permits from other states yet. But my wife and I decided to try and conquer the MD process. We both started with our HQL's of course and with in 5 days she got here's already... But I have not. So I came here cause there is a wealth of information in here.
    So when I was looking at the check list on the HQL login site I saw most everything for me was complete but 3...they said incomplete... Do I need to be worried of just give it more time?

Hi, welcome to the forum. Consider going over to Introductions and tell us a little about yourself.

As you noted there is an encyclopedic amount of info here especially regarding the basic and common issues. There will always be someone who will offer help but my suggestion is to make liberal use of the "Search" function and bookmark important pages and threads for building your own library of knowledge. Most every question a newcomer to guns or the State of Maryland could have has very likely been answered multiple times. After the Introduction maybe cruise through some forums such as the Maryland 2A to get an idea of what's currently going on.

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD

No just give it some time. Likely in the next day or two you will see the last few items get completed and they will mail out your HQL on Friday.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    A 5 day turn around is pretty quick. I think most were in the 10-14 day range.

andy41567

Oct 1, 2018
    Well that is what I will do. I am a worry wort and when I saw "incomplete" I went into what do I need to do to get it completed mode right away! Especially since my wife got hers so fast.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I submitted at 4:17pm on a Tuesday and before 3:30pm on Friday I was approved and had an active HQL number. My HQL showed up on Wednesday, exactly 8 calendar days after I applied.

Don't worry about it, let it do it's thing. When you get the notice in the mail for MSP, you will see the HQL within a few days from my experience. I received the notice on Tuesday (a week after application) and my HQL was there the very next day. :shrug"

andy41567

Oct 1, 2018
    I finally got it. They called me last Friday and said I did not answer question 22. I said WHAT. So the trooper verbally asked me over the phone if I was a cannabis card carrier. I said hell NO! He said ok thank you! You are approved and your card will go out in the mail today.

That was strange. I went over everything like 10 times to make sure it was all right and then my wife did to before I hit submit. But ok. I am good to go.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I finally got it. They called me last Friday and said I did not answer question 22. I said WHAT. So the trooper verbally asked me over the phone if I was a cannabis card carrier. I said hell NO! He said ok thank you! You are approved and your card will go out in the mail today.

That was strange. I went over everything like 10 times to make sure it was all right and then my wife did to before I hit submit. But ok. I am good to go.

It's their game, you have to play by their rules. I wouldn't put it past them if they didn't play a little game with you.

Oops, he didn't answer 1 question, we'll have to hold the application.......

Yeah right.

andy41567

Oct 1, 2018
    i am glad its done and my card is in my hand. But yes your right. its there game! they make all the rules and can change them anytime

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom