• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    My mistake. The email comes at 6 not 7.

It means if you admit you took possession before 7 days have elapsed you’re admitting to a felony

Or that you got a firearm by some nefarious method you didn’t initiate

Ignore it.

Last edited:

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    It means that they want you to turn yourself and the dealer in if the two of you broke the law by transferring the firearm early. And they want you to let them know if you're getting a 77R approval that you didn't initiate.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Loving the "not disapproved".

Meaning we don't want you to have it, we know you're not worthy, but your sins are hidden so well we have to give you your rights. Fvcking peasant.

Kobold Thief

Oct 20, 2015
    Brooklyn Park
    I guess Black Friday and Small Business Saturday count as holidays now in MDSP's book.
    Cyber Monday probably does too! I guess I'll be lucky if I get that email by Wednesday.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I'm in the same boat. It turns out that Friday was also a state holiday. American Indian Heritage Day.

So if they make every day a state holiday of some sort, then we'd never be able to transfer an handgun......

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    We get up at twelve,
    go to work at one.
    An hour for lunch,
    then at two we're done.

Jolly old fun!

Wonder if the "Not Disapproved" paperwork is sub'ed out to Emerald City?

nuxbag

Dec 15, 2018
    I was not disapproved on time, or at least by the day the dealer told me at the beginning. The app was sent in on the Dec 27th, and I was approved by email Jan 4th at 6 a.m. on the DOT. Not counting Sunday it was eight days. Counting Sunday and New year's it was nine days. Now in between that time I was placed on hold, and transferred to a special investigator. The email I received said there was a problem with my background and that would have to call the holds investigator, which could speed up the process. So I jumped on that quickly. I was able to help him help me clear this on time. He was a super nice and helpful guy I appreciate his willingness to take care of this as quickly as possible.

+ The approval date on the portal is 1/3/19 + the hold was placed on New year's day

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I was not disapproved on time, or at least by the day the dealer told me at the beginning. The app was sent in on the Dec 27th, and I was approved by email Jan 4th at 6 a.m. on the DOT. Not counting Sunday it was eight days. Counting Sunday and New year's it was nine days. Now in between that time I was placed on hold, and transferred to a special investigator. The email I received said there was a problem with my background and that would have to call the holds investigator, which could speed up the process. So I jumped on that quickly. I was able to help him help me clear this on time. He was a super nice and helpful guy I appreciate his willingness to take care of this as quickly as possible.

+ The approval date on the portal is 1/3/19 + the hold was placed on New year's day
    Congratulations (I guess)

From your "home based FFL", to your buying tribulations, to assorted desiderata, you have had a trying few weeks on MDS.

Shinebox has not been added to the cart, but its early on yet.

Hope things go well, going forwarded.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Both my wife and I have Military ID. Is the new online 77R recognize that instead of HQL?

Makes sense to fill out the 77R portal prior to pickup on handgun. Especially if FFL is 15 miles away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom