• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maryland DINO movement

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

klutch

Mar 27, 2018
    For me it's about the legislators. Voting for the democRAT that is closest to center. Unfortunately I am in district 28 and I feel that I have no voice.
    You're in District 28? You've got C. T WIlson and John Coller in the primary! Thwart victory from Edith Patterson!

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    For our DINO votes to count the most, I think that we need to vote in a block in each of these races, to be most effective. In some races, we may need to abstain from voting for any candidate, to make them appear weaker. The most important Dino vote this election, is for the most unelectable D candidate for Governor. This discussion may be better suited to the WC.

DINO has different strategies when a primary is open vs when it's against an incumbent.

When it's against an incumbent, the goal is to vote for the person challenging them 100% of the time. If Candidate A won the primary last time by 100 votes, put 101 votes into Candidate B. Trying to pick the "best" candidate just splits the vote. DINO votes need to go en mass to the strongest challenger; even if that challenger makes California look like a bastion of hardcore conservatism.

When it's an open primary, the goal is to set up the weaker of the two viable candidates. I think this happened in the 2014 AG election, people starting splitting the vote between 2 or 3 AG candidates trying to find the most pro-2A person, but we really needed the weaker person.

For the Governor, I'm torn a bit on this one.

Baker will do well in PG and MoCo, which we know Hogan will lose, but he's also got some scandals from PG county like the grade-fixing scandal that could make him vulnerable, especially if Hogan decides to go after accountability in education, so pushing him forward could give Hogan a nice juicy campaign ad.

Jealous is def the most left. He's got excitement from Bernie supporters and I'm a little concerned he could draw some support away from Hogan among Democrats. He could also excite Democrats, and Hogan can't really run an ad about his name. On the flip side, Hillary won MD, so hmm.

It's def a tough choice.

Mr H

Banana'd
    D32 update...

Had a long talk today with Mike Rogers. Nice guy. Fiscal hawk, but leans a little toward SJW. Not bad for a Democrat ;)

On 2A, he's a "not in schools, not for teachers... no problem with folks owning, but no AR-15s" kind of stance. Told me "I've seen what they do"... didn't get into it, since we were just chatting.

He's a solid DiNO choice, but not likely a good selection in the General (though he seems to believe he'll get through).

But the BIG news today, is that idiot Pam Beidel is officially off her rocker. She is telling people--in public--to vote for Sophocleus, "to honor his memory"... The reality is that he would likely make it through the primary anyway, then a replacement chosen for the General. But this is just nucking futs. Do NOT vote for Ted, because it enables the Central Committee to choose the candidate.

Last edited:

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    We got the Official D Ballot. Some news from Bowie:
    • Dennis Fritz is opposing Steny.
    • Tim Adams opposes Doug Peters
    • Shabnam Ahmed and Kevin Thomas oppose Geraldine (HB1302) Valentino-Smith
    • LOTS of choices for House of Delegates

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD

Any suggestion for PG sheriff?

klutch

Mar 27, 2018
    OK, but how good are the choices? I don't want to wind up wtih somone who'll be worse.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    General rule: Vote for the new guy. If there is more than one "new guy" there's homework to do, but vote for the one that sucks the most.

So for me:
    Not Steny.
    Not Peters.
    Not Geraldine (1302).
    I dunno about the House.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Need some Calvert County DINO assistance. I'm in Fischer's District. Unless I hear otherwise, I'll vote against all democratic incumbents. Some one PM me is possible. I'm afraid I'll miss the advice.

offCenter

Just a guy
    Jul 24, 2012
    Got one of my wishes yesterday. Voted early against Hoyer. It warms my heart whenever I get to vote against that guy, but I'm always a little sad when I get to do it twice because that means he made it out of the primary. SMH

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    As a refuge from MoCo, I was a DINO for 30 years and had a lot of fun. After moving to Calvert Co. my Republican vote finally mattered so I switched back.

Where are all the threads regarding our Republican candidates? I got something today from the Jack Bailey friends alleging that Waugh introduced a bill for gun owner registration, voted for with Miller on the Nanny conifiscation bill, and got a C from the NRA. He just lost my vote. Any comments?

mrgnstrn

Mar 18, 2014
    Nearly 500 pages of text here
    Can anyone point me to the “best practices “ for a southern AA county DINO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klutch

Mar 27, 2018
    D32 update...

Had a long talk today with Mike Rogers. Nice guy. Fiscal hawk, but leans a little toward SJW. Not bad for a Democrat ;)

On 2A, he's a "not in schools, not for teachers... no problem with folks owning, but no AR-15s" kind of stance. Told me "I've seen what they do"... didn't get into it, since we were just chatting.

He's a solid DiNO choice, but not likely a good selection in the General (though he seems to believe he'll get through).

But the BIG news today, is that idiot Pam Beidel is officially off her rocker. She is telling people--in public--to vote for Sophocleus, "to honor his memory"... The reality is that he would likely make it through the primary anyway, then a replacement chosen for the General. But this is just nucking futs. Do NOT vote for Ted, because it enables the Central Committee to choose the candidate.

For the General, D. 32 will be one of those places where we'll have our work cut out for us and it WILL be essential; ESPECIALLY for the House races!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom