ONLINE SURVEY - let's get some accurate numbers on application submissions!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    MSI has a survey on their site, kind of sad only 63 people have submitted...

I took their survey as well as yours. Hopefully most people are just not taking the surveys, but have submitted their app.

We know quite a bit more apps are going in. Whether they go to an odd website and actually hit a button saying they did is a small issue. For instance, I did not know this survey existed until 10 minutes ago...

We know quite a bit more apps are going in. Whether they go to an odd website and actually hit a button saying they did is a small issue. For instance, I did not know this survey existed until 10 minutes ago...

:lol2: I can't figure out how to vote in the poll it must be dummy proof :innocent0

MSI Poll

Will You/Have You Applied for a Permit After Woollard?
    Yes I plan to (83%, 548 Votes)
    Yes I have (11%, 71 Votes)
    No, I don't think things will change (6%, 40 Votes)
    Total Voters: 659

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Mine went Certified/RRR yesterday and I got this message when I tracked it this morning:

Your Item's Status We attempted to deliver your item at 9:48 am on March 14, 2012 in PIKESVILLE, MD 21282 and a notice was left. You may arrange redelivery by visiting <a href="https://www.usps.com/redelivery/welcome.htm">www.usps.com/redelivery</a> or calling 800-ASK-USPS, or may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

I'm really, really hoping MSP made a pick up this morning prior to mine arriving and the tracking will show delivered tomorrow. :sad20:

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    Mine went Certified/RRR yesterday and I got this message when I tracked it this morning:

Your Item's Status We attempted to deliver your item at 9:48 am on March 14, 2012 in PIKESVILLE, MD 21282 and a notice was left. You may arrange redelivery by visiting <a href="https://www.usps.com/redelivery/welcome.htm">www.usps.com/redelivery</a> or calling 800-ASK-USPS, or may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

I'm really, really hoping MSP made a pick up this morning prior to mine arriving and the tracking will show delivered tomorrow. :sad20:

More reason for sending everything with some sort of tracking -- otherwise you wouldn't have this data.

Ever notice that the point of sending something with tracking or RRRq is because you know you can't trust the post office and/or receiver?:sad20:

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Called the Pikesville Post Office and was told that MSP picks up mail once a day - early morning.

If a package arrives after that pickup, the PO leaves a notice with MSP and the material is picked up the following day. Mine should have been in MSP's hands this morning; will now wait to use the certified mail tracker in the morning.

Hope this helps.

DOsniper

Mar 4, 2011
    Monkton, MD

Same here. Don't worry it gets picked up like they said. I even called the USPS to find out for sure.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Sent 3/14/2012 @ 14:28 USPS
    Expected Delivery 3/15/2012
    Notice Left (No Authorized Recipient Available) ????????
    Don't sweat it, mine was the same way at first, check the tracking number later this evening and again in the morning. mine was delivered yesterday and I got my receipt back today in the mail.:thumbsup:

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    Sent mine Friday, it got there Saturday, got picked up Monday, and they cashed the check Wednesday.

In another thread someone said that they got a call from the MSP to schedule the "interview" -- so I guess I'm waiting for that.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    I got approval from three friends last night to use them as references, filled out the application this morning, registered with Maryland Livescan and drove to Glen Burnie. There were no customers at Livescan when I got there so I was in and out in less than 10 minutes, went home, made copies of everything, drove to the post office, paid for certified return receipt requested and it's gone. Add me to the list of folks who are just messing up that MSP 97% approval rate all to heck, unless of course they approve me. :innocent0

Of course now with all this time left on my hands today I'll be forced to head over to AGC and work on deciding which pistol will be my Maryland carry gun (vs my Florida carry gun, vs my Virginia carry gun, etc. I like a little variety in my life :lol2: )

Pauljk

Mar 12, 2012
    Mount Airy
    Had my scan in Rockville this morning (3/16) and shipped it out Express mail at 11AM.

Update: Signed for at 12:51 PM on Saturday, 3/17

Last edited:

FHJ69

Mar 13, 2011
    Upper PDRMC
    Mine went in today, be delivered tomorrow before noon.

The folks who did the fingerprinting and notary in Rockville said they had a large increase in applications this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom