• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    I'm glad there are others willing to answer. No introduction, wanting our help and putting that big red piss off in every post means I'm not answering. Figure it out yourself.

Only advice I have is don't move here.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    You're wrong on one account. A HQL is NOT needed to obtain a wear and carry permit. I've heard this before and don't know where it came from but it's not true.

Nope, nope, nope, not a requirement. SMH....

no, The HQL fee is waived for W&C permit holders.

That's it.

Of course not. But it IS a requirement to BUY the handgun you're getting a license to Wear and Carry. Otherwise what's the point of getting the license? Read all the words. Carefully. They convey meaning.

Apology accepted. :facepalm:

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    Of course not. But it IS a requirement to BUY the handgun you're getting a license to Wear and Carry. Otherwise what's the point of getting the license? Read all the words. Carefully. They convey meaning.

Who said you have to buy a handgun to carry? Are you saying you can't carry a gun you had for the last 5 years? You're not making much sense. Please clarify.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Who said you have to buy a handgun to carry? Are you saying you can't carry a gun you had for the last 5 years? You're not making much sense. Please clarify.

You're making assumptions that were not in to OP's question. He did NOT state that he owned a handgun already. Hence the need for an HQL to buy one after realizing the remote chance that he was awarded a W&C permit. Further, nowhere did I say that one needed an HQL to obtain a W&C permit.

As I said, read the words. All the words; ONLY the words that are there. Do not assume facts that are not present.

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    You're making assumptions that were not in to OP's question. He did NOT state that he owned a handgun already. Hence the need for an HQL to buy one after realizing the remote chance that he was awarded a W&C permit. Further, nowhere did I say that one needed an HQL to obtain a W&C permit.

As I said, read the words. All the words; ONLY the words that are there. Do not assume facts that are not present.

Maybe you need to re read the OP. You're right, he didnt state that he already owned a handgun. He also didnt state that he didnt own one. He never even brought up the HQL. Read only the words.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

I was talking about the carrying cash part. Read only the new bolded portion of your quote.

No apology for you. :rasp:

But you know I still love you man.....;)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Well prior to this thread, the OP started a quasi-similar thread about moving to Md with his handguns.

In general, a substantial portion of W&C Permits are issued for job related reasons, the the Permit Holders would or could use one issued by employers.

Questions about amounts, frequency, and make up of business funds are a thing of the past, rather than a complete figment.

tomrkba

Jan 22, 2017
    What about driving an expensive car? Would that count? I've gotten "the look" driving around Baltimore.

tomrkba

Jan 22, 2017
    Maybe you need to re read the OP. You're right, he didnt state that he already owned a handgun. He also didnt state that he didnt own one. He never even brought up the HQL. Read only the words.

I have a stack of handguns, carry permits and training certificates.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    A Dale Carnegie graduate to be sure.

True. Lol.

The situation would be funny if not so damned pathetic. :mad54:

True. Sad, but true.

I'm glad there are others willing to answer. No introduction, wanting our help and putting that big red piss off in every post means I'm not answering. Figure it out yourself.

I'm with ya. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Unless it's owned by your business or you were in it when you had someone threaten your life, no.

/thread

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    Unless you can prove there is a contract on your life, you carry large sums of cash regularly, or it is required for your employment, the chances are slim you will get a carry permit in Maryland, but not impossible.
    Just remember that if you apply and are turned down, you will have to disclose that on any future applications which may impact your ability to acquire a CCW elsewhere.

AT least the wording on the UT app I thought is something along the lines of "been denied because of prohibitive reasons" or something like that. Anyhow I think I put down disapproval of MD permit on my UT application in 2013 with note "because it is Maryland" and got my permit without a problem. And I renewed it in Sept without a problem, and that is because the wording about the need to have a permit in your own state, is worded such that only states that have reciprocity with UT, and Maryland does not have any reciprocity with anyone.

Unless someone tampers with your outside lights and you are an old car collector.. :sarcasm:

If you don't get a permit for no G&S, the wording says disapproved, not denied, if not being prohibited. Denied and disapproved are two different things. I answered no on my NH permit app with no issues.

Bazinga. I was about to do my write-up of my summary of the MSP/HPRB process in the 10/18 thread once I get my letter. But I think you summed it up in less words than me.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    What about driving an expensive car? Would that count? I've gotten "the look" driving around Baltimore.

If that is what was needed..."the look" while driving don't you think more of us would have permits?

I say you submit it on "the look" and let us know how it goes.

tomrkba

Jan 22, 2017

Again, at least half of the responses to the stickies moving to Maryland thread was people whining about the state's gun laws. How does your response answer the question? It does nothing but complain.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    It is absolutely possible...

So is winning the Powerball Lotto...

IF you have the time & the money, try it...

Let us know how you make out...

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Unless you can prove there is a contract on your life, you carry large sums of cash regularly, or it is required for your employment, the chances are slim you will get a carry permit in Maryland, but not impossible.

Not required at all, if you are business owner just that you have active business banking accounts.

Just remember that if you apply and are turned down, you will have to disclose that on any future applications which may impact your ability to acquire a CCW elsewhere.

Those states that require this require an explanation, not meeting the requirements of Maryland is not a prohibitor for getting a permit in another state.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Let's see..........

1. Do you carry lot's of money that the State will lose taxes on if you are robbed? or......
    2. Have you actually been shot at? Twice?

Reality....

Possibility, Yes. Probability, No.

Not a requirement, simply a letter from your bank stating you have active business accounts. As a regular citizen, still not required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom