• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ovid

Nov 19, 2011
    Reisterstown
    Your heart was in the right place and you made the correct decision once the implications were made clear. I don't think anyone reasonable can call for you to step down, much less issue death threats...

I wish you guys were a bit closer so I could come in more often, but it's a bit hard to justify that hour+ drive for much less than a gun. That being said, I do have a lovely Engage Armament HBAR that I picked up from you guys in November and I would love to grab a t shirt or two too match it at my local range if you would be willing to mail them =D

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I would edit that video. You have helped out the MD 2A community greatly and hope to send some more customers your way.

Crazy that people would threaten you and you family, ridiculously far over the line.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Nary a soul on this board cares a whit for my opinion, but you can have it for free anyway.

I'm for freedom. I'm dead set against censorship.

Engage is free to sell anything they wish. Unlike Obamacare, no one is forced to buy. Anyone who condemns Engage for exercising liberty ought to be ashamed. This is not what we're supposed to be about.

When this pistol fails in the market for several obvious reasons, that will signal the end of this bout of "smartgun" politics. If a product is unavailable, you can't be forced into buying it.

Drawing attention to this product draws attention to Engage, politically and economically, community-wide, statewide, and apparently nationwide. This is a good business decision, and expands the area that Andy's message can reach. We know his message, and support it.

New Jersey is already as disarmed as possible. (Trying to) sell smartguns in MD couldn't possibly make things worse for that sorry state.

Bringing a defective technology into the public eye, with all the implicit fail that it carries, with no police department in the nation insane enough to adopt it, should help in sinking the smartgun argument for a while. Just like microstamping, but dumber and more prone to failure, it will be adopted in California, until the manufacturer goes broke.

I hope Andy doesn't lose his ass by buying more than a couple of these dogs.

I've supported Engage on this site for years, and will continue to support them by word and deed (when I've managed to get the finances back in order from pre-October excesses. May take a while; I bought way too many EBRs and lowers, which still have to be built out.)

Anyone who has a problem with the free exercise of will can fill out a hurt feelings report, and file it in the usual orifices.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I watched the video and I change what I said earlier in the week and will still send people to Engage.

Sorry to hear about this entire situation.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The Wash Post put up the new story at 12:35. I think it was the NJ ramifications that brought the death threats and would not be surprised if all those threats came out of Jersey.

NJ has a law mandating only the sale of these CHIP firearms within a few years of arriving at a dealer for sale. EA dropping out now means no dealers in the US.

We should visit EA asap and buy something or at least visit to show support.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Nary a soul on this board cares a whit for my opinion, but you can have it for free anyway.

I'm for freedom. I'm dead set against censorship.

Engage is free to sell anything they wish. Unlike Obamacare, no one is forced to buy. Anyone who condemns Engage for exercising liberty ought to be ashamed. This is not what we're supposed to be about.

When this pistol fails in the market for several obvious reasons, that will signal the end of this bout of "smartgun" politics. If a product is unavailable, you can't be forced into buying it.

Drawing attention to this product draws attention to Engage, politically and economically, community-wide, statewide, and apparently nationwide. This is a good business decision, and expands the area that Andy's message can reach. We know his message, and support it.

New Jersey is already as disarmed as possible. (Trying to) sell smartguns in MD couldn't possibly make things worse for that sorry state.

Bringing a defective technology into the public eye, with all the implicit fail that it carries, with no police department in the nation insane enough to adopt it, should help in sinking the smartgun argument for a while. Just like microstamping, but dumber and more prone to failure, it will be adopted in California, until the manufacturer goes broke.

I hope Andy doesn't lose his ass by buying more than a couple of these dogs.

I've supported Engage on this site for years, and will continue to support them by word and deed (when I've managed to get the finances back in order from pre-October excesses. May take a while; I bought way too many EBRs and lowers, which still have to be built out.)

Anyone who has a problem with the free exercise of will can fill out a hurt feelings report, and file it in the usual orifices.

Ahem... From Andy, himself.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=3173397&postcount=16

Pistoleros45

Jan 26, 2013
    Landover, Maryland
    You have to be careful with supporting this Smart Gun, for it may become law in your state. Remember the HQL was rammed down our throats. I do not want any electronics monitoring my use of my Second Amendment Rights. Look at the limitations on the rounds you can have in a magazine, which limits your effective self-defense. Do not turn a blind eye on the Smart Gun. It could be rammed down you throat like O'Malley and the Democrats added unnecessary restrictions on guns in Maryland. Don't forget California!

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Andy's video on facebook was epic. right around 7:10 he won me for life as a customer. I support him 100%

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    FYI.

Maryland has a law in place that requires monitoring of developments, New Jersey has a law in place that forces implementation when it's available...

... it's not a sleeper law (yet) here in Maryland.

LEGISLATION

Maryland

Maryland law defines a “personalized handgun” as any handgun manufactured with technology incorporated into the design (1) allowing it to be fired only by its authorized user and (2) preventing any of its safety characteristics from being easily deactivated. The state Handgun Roster Board must review the status of personalized handgun technology and report its findings to the governor and the General Assembly annually (Md. Code Ann., Pub. Safety § 5-132).

As opposed to:

New Jersey

In 2002, New Jersey adopted a law to eventually require smart gun technology to be incorporated into all handguns sold in the state. New Jersey defines a “personalize handgun” as “[A] handgun which incorporates within its design, and as part of its original manufacture, technology which automatically limits its operational use and which cannot be readily deactivated, so that it may only be fired by an authorized or recognized user.”

Until the attorney general finds that personalized gun technology is available, he or she must report to the governor and the legislature every six months on the availability of personalized handguns for retail sales.

Twenty-three months after the attorney general finds that smart handguns are available for retail sale, the attorney general and the superintendent of state police must begin the process of promulgating a list of such handguns that may be sold in New Jersey. This process must be completed within six months.

Six months after the initial list of handguns is approved, it will be unlawful for any licensed manufacturer, wholesaler, or retail firearms dealer to transport into New Jersey, sell, expose for sale, possess with the intent of selling, assign, or otherwise transfer a handgun unless it is a personalized handgun (excluding antique handguns and handguns used by law enforcement or military officers) (N.J. Rev. Code §§ 2C:39-1, 2C:58-2.2 et seq.).

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Engage Armament is now out of the Smart gun biz... Death threats and other crap. Check online Washington Post.

We can show support here, and by visiting the shop to buy something or just stop in to say we are with him all the way.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Oh. Well, uh, never mind. . . .

Just responding to some of the over-the-top posts, somehow missed the retraction. I still think the shop ought to be able to sell any product they choose to stock.

Anyway, it's sweet you care about my opinion enough to comment on it. Thanks for that.

You're welcome. Feel the love yet? :D

Bisondice

Ultimate Member
    Dec 26, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Hey Guys,

Its me Andy. Ive been drinking so bear with me. I didnt do this for any money. Ive never been compensated by Armatix. I havent even cashed any of my draws in 3 months so this business can survive. Not your problem though. I didnt do this for the money. Anyone who says so can go **** themselves. I havent any money. I live in some shit condo in Silver Spring.

You call me and email me and threaten my life? How ****ing dare you. Bring it mother ****er. I carry a G19 and an HK UMP as all ****ing times. Show me what balls you have. You come at me, my girlfriend, or my god damned DOG I will put one in your dome. I promise you.

Maybe I got mislead about this. Its still my responsibility. Maybe I was fed some not-so-true info. It was still my responsibility. I stood, I tried to stand on the ideal that we could get some fence sitters and anti gunners into our fold. Maybe Im either too young or too old to realize thats not sturdy enough.

I never sold the gun. I dont stock the ****ing gun. Ive never even been paid by Armatix. Jesus ****ing christ.

If it saves my business partner Carlos or my employees their job I will quit. It wasnt their decision. It was mine to agree to the interviews. They shouldnt pay for something I did. Thats that.

You want my head come and take it. Dont dare hurt anyone associated with me or my dog. I will take everything you took for me in kind. That I promise you.
    Whoever was the piece of shit to take this to a threat I hope slips and falls in a puddle of aids, I've only met you a few times, but I'll be damned if a person threatens you. :mad54::mad54::mad54:

toddtrain

Sep 19, 2012
    Carroll County MD
    Whoever threatened Andy, his family, dog,or coworkers should be brought up on charges. I just watched the video on facebook and I was appalled by this who incident. It seems to be Andy was mislead and it was almost a trap.

I will be buying something from Andy in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom