Need a Ruger POrecision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor TODAY (June 30, 2016)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trailtoy

GOA, MSI, NRA
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2013
    St. Marys
    So how are the RPR's shooting? I hand load, but hornady match loads with new ELD Match bullets I would have no reservations about.

It looks like street pricing of the RPR is still around $1,100 plus tax +/- $50...?

How about the range reports! I am thinking seriously about getting one.

Integrity

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    There's a 6.5 Creedmoor at the Dicks Sporting Goods in Westminster as well, if anyone is still looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trailtoy

GOA, MSI, NRA
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2013
    St. Marys
    Nice! Dicks in Lexington Park has an 'old' model in .308, for $1300. Ruger says they have a 2 year backlog. My brother got on the list at one of his suppliers, they said maybe 5-6 months. There are a bunch on Gunbroker, which is surprising considering the demand.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Nice! Dicks in Lexington Park has an 'old' model in .308, for $1300. Ruger says they have a 2 year backlog. My brother got on the list at one of his suppliers, they said maybe 5-6 months. There are a bunch on Gunbroker, which is surprising considering the demand.

Check the completed auction prices. It makes perfect sense for a dealer to auction a scarce model. He knows it'll bring at least full retail, possibly a good bit more, and nobody can accuse him of price gouging.

SevenT6Vet

May 5, 2015
    Richmond, Va
    Green Top had a 1st gen 243 Win for $1,149 on the shelf (it had scratches, and has already sold). Another gun shop had a 1st gen 6.5 for $1,090 and another store near Harrisonburg had one for same price. Green Top has a backorder on 2nd gens for $1,349. Hopkins gun and tackle got in two 2nd gens and sold both for $1,349. I got mine from Dance's for $1,249, and had them throw in a Ruger LCP custom for what I consider to be a steal.

I called Ruger a few weeks ago and they are ordering equipment to get a second production line up and running.

I ended up getting a Vortex PST FFP 6-24x50 scope and Nightforce Ultralite rings. I haven't settled on a bipod yet.

trailtoy

GOA, MSI, NRA
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2013
    St. Marys
    Dicks California now has a new model in .308, $1500. Still have the other one as well. How do they get stuff that has that kind of backlog?

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Dicks California now has a new model in .308, $1500. Still have the other one as well. How do they get stuff that has that kind of backlog?

There is a 'backlog' because big buyers like Dicks, Cabelas etc. have put in large orders that are deliverable at x00 pieces per month. Every week they get a a couple of pallets worth from Ruger and send them out to their stores. It's not like they order a new one after they have sold the one in the store.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    In case anyone is looking:

Dicks in Waldorf has

3 Gen2 in 6.5 for $1499

3 Gen1 in. 308 for $1299

The main difference seems to be the rail and the muzzle brake. The Gen2 rail is screwed on with 4 little screws. The Gen1 rail seems to be clamped onto the barrel nut (and is usually a bit crooked). For those who just rip all the factory stuff off on day1 and build their own, it probably makes little difference. For those who just want to shoot it as is, the better rail and muzzle brake is probably worth the extra coin.

SevenT6Vet

May 5, 2015
    Richmond, Va
    In case anyone is looking:

Dicks in Waldorf has

3 Gen2 in 6.5 for $1499

3 Gen1 in. 308 for $1299

The main difference seems to be the rail and the muzzle brake. The Gen2 rail is screwed on with 4 little screws. The Gen1 rail seems to be clamped onto the barrel nut (and is usually a bit crooked). For those who just rip all the factory stuff off on day1 and build their own, it probably makes little difference. For those who just want to shoot it as is, the better rail and muzzle brake is probably worth the extra coin.

There are 3 distinct differences: gen 2 has smoother lower profile hand guard, a muzzle brake, and a metal bolt shroud. Each of the 3 upgrades can be bought individually and put on a gen 1, but it is MUCH cheaper to just buy the gen 2 if you want all 3 factory upgrades.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    There are 3 distinct differences: gen 2 has smoother lower profile hand guard, a muzzle brake, and a metal bolt shroud. Each of the 3 upgrades can be bought individually and put on a gen 1, but it is MUCH cheaper to just buy the gen 2 if you want all 3 factory upgrades.

Thanks.

This week, Dicks in Waldorf has a Gen1 in .308 for $1299 and a Gen2 in 6.5mm for $1499 :eek:

Has anyone seen one in .243 lately ? It doesn't have to be Gen2 as I don't think a 14lb .243 rifle is going to have any measurable recoil to start with.

montigre

May 16, 2016
    Forgetting reloading, who makes ammo for the 6.5 creedmoor, and what are the best loads, based on others experiences?

Prime and Hornandy both make 6.5 CM. Prime occasionally has nice sales and their brass is uber nice if you reload!!!:party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom