Say this isnt true : Springfield M1A Banned ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    The M1 is just so much killy-er than the other assault death guns out there. I mean, everyone wants to tote around a rifle that weighs 100 pounds on their death spree instead of a much lighter AR.

The M1a is almost 40% killy-er than an AR-15. The M1a uses the 308 assault bullet vs the 224 assault bullet. Personally, my M1a has it's 40% more death power going through a wooden stock and steel butt plate, not some aluminum and plastic like those stinking AR's. Ohhh and the suppressor, i mean flash hider on the front of the M1a makes spotting the rifle at night impossible when shooting around completely deaf and blind people. So yea, the M1a is just a solid piece of death and destruction. No use for anyone not trying to kill A LOT of people. Assuming you ignore hunting, Hi-Power matches, DMR matches, or a handful of other competitions.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Im still shocked over that ....

Here is a Moron Question:

How can I convince them to overturn it ? or remove that off the list to make it legal once again cuz its pretty stupid rule.

You can't.

They will NEVER take anything off the List, but they will add more rifles to it. That's the only revision they will ever make.

No, it goes back to the original Regulated Long Guns list, which was based on Feinstein's Assault Rifle list from c. 1989. (That list was put together by a couple Feinstein staffers who bought a Guns and Ammo Annual at a newstand, and listed all the rifles they thought looked scary. Seriously. No shit.)

The List was updated once, I think for the Clinton AW Ban in 1994, but otherwise hasn't changed. That's why there are all those odd rifles from the 1980s listed, like the Linda or the Terry. Some of them never saw much production, like the Bushmaster (which was NOT an AR).

But you just don't begin to understand the mindset of the Antis/Progos/PostModernists if you think you can sway them with a reasoned pro-gun argument. The only thing they will do is ban, ban, ban. They will push for any silly little restriction, however pointless, because it is a tiny step toward their true goal, which is Absolute Prohibition and Confiscation.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    They will push for any silly little restriction, however pointless, because it is a tiny step toward their true goal, which is Absolute Prohibition and Confiscation.

25 years ago I would have called you crazy for saying that. Today, I will say spot on. The only solution they have for anything is an irrational and fanatical pursuit of a total gun ban.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Can’t you build one as a pistol and make it a SBR? I seem to recall some discussion on that route.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Only for a shop to sell it.

You could make it from a virgin receiver.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Would have to be on the pistol roster, yes?

Dunno

§5–406.
    (a) (1) Except as provided in § 5-402 of this subtitle, a person may not manufacture for distribution or sale a handgun that is not included on the handgun roster in the State.
    (2) A person may not sell or offer for sale in the State a handgun manufactured after January 1, 1985, that is not included on the handgun roster.
    (3) A person may not manufacture, sell, or offer for sale a handgun on which the manufacturer’s identification mark or number is obliterated, removed, changed, or otherwise altered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom