Getting back into NFA in the age of Livescan and 41F?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yakfish

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 27, 2017
    I haven't bought anything requiring a stamp in over a decade, and I'd like to do the paperwork for several Form 1 cans in the next few weeks.

The process has changed some as I understand it. No more CLEO approval (which wasn't a big deal anyway), and the prints are electronic now?

I can fill out the forms and do the photos myself, but what's my process for the prints? I'm completely unfamiliar with livescan. Will ATF accept them? Do I still get a card? Or is it a link?

The Form 1 will be individual, I think. I haven't set up a trust, but also haven't ruled it out, either.

I just want to get the ball rolling in the next few weeks/month because I know I'm already looking at a year for processing.

What's the process for prints?

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Prints have to be on cards. They can be scanned and then printed or just physical prints.

Individual or a trust, it's the same process now. With a trust you need prints and pictures for all trustees.

Some people have said you can do the prints yourself. I had my last set done by a vendor at a gun show.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I also believe you can do the whole thing through a Silencer shop kiosk. I have not done it that way. I'm sure someoneone here can fill you in with that process.

yakfish

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 27, 2017
    Well, Silencer Shop probably won't be interested in helping me do prints for a Form 1, as they're not going to be selling anything,haha.

I wasn't aware I could roll them myself, though. That's worth looking into.

Sharpeneddark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    Westminster
    I also believe you can do the whole thing through a Silencer shop kiosk. I have not done it that way. I'm sure someoneone here can fill you in with that process.

I have, and have received my can from ATF jail. It's super easy, if you have a cell phone and are close (or willing to drive to one) to a kiosk. You make an account on your phone, fill out your info. Then you take a photo with your camera, give your prints to the kiosk. It'll show you how to link the kiosk with your account. Then go on silencershop.com and buy a suppressor and tax stamp. You'll get emailed the paperwork and you digitally sign. Then wait.

Well, Silencer Shop probably won't be interested in helping me do prints for a Form 1, as they're not going to be selling anything,haha.

I wasn't aware I could roll them myself, though. That's worth looking into.

Yeah, they do form 1s, too. Check it out. https://www.silencershop.com/services/atf-form-1.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom