• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    What is up with the picture of the guy at the beach with a surfboard and the Maxim 50? Is he going out to hunt sharks? There may be an issue trying to keep your powder dry. WTF?

Their marketing campaign involves them traveling though California. Notice the pan out at the end.

I really wish they came out a few years ago. If the hunting industry could get on board and educate fellow hunters we would have silencers de-regulated. Unfortunately in speaking with a few hunters about this I got the usual, "Slows down yer bullllittts", "Dem poachers....", "Silencers are illegal in Maryland"

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Just watched the videos.

That thing doesn't do jack shyt for making things quiet. There's a giant loud CRACK with several little crack echoes. To be heard by every POS neighbor that would be bothered by a Bambi whacker.

For a thousand damn dollars, they should be able to make a BP report sound like a squirrel fart.

This thing is a novelty item. That folks will buy so they can say they bought a can with no paperwork.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Just watched the videos.

That thing doesn't do jack shyt for making things quiet. There's a giant loud CRACK with several little crack echoes. To be heard by every POS neighbor that would be bothered by a Bambi whacker.

For a thousand damn dollars, they should be able to make a BP report sound like a squirrel fart.

This thing is a novelty item. That folks will buy so they can say they bought a can with no paperwork.

Video is not a good way to judge how loud something is. I believe this is supposed to reduce the blast down to 135dB or something like that. The point is to protect your hearing, not make you rifle silent.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    The whole idea of buying a silencer is to make a firearm much more quiet.

I can make any loud firearm silent by wearing hearing protection.

And the one shot you take without hearing protection while hunting won't do long term damage to your hearing.

A thousand dollars buys a lot of foam ear plugs.

All that said, we shouldn't have to pay 200 bucks or jump through federal hoops to buy/own a suppressor.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Just watched the videos.

Nothing is ever quiet, when breaking the sound barrier. The same thing happens when you put a can on 5.56, you will always get the loud crack.

Now, if you can adjust the amount of powder to keep the bullet subsonic, then maybe it is something to have. Which was the reason the 300 blackout was invented.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    As others have said. Just get a bucket of diesel for cleaning. Drop the ML in nose first and let it sit overnight.

Any lubricants that shouldn't be in the can will dissolve in the diesel.

It's a neat product. Not sure why people are bitching about it. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

For those thinking they can make something like this at home, be warned that making silencer parts is a crime if you are not properly licensed. Until the silencer parts are permanent attached to the NON Firearm, they are silencer parts.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Nothing is ever quiet, when breaking the sound barrier. The same thing happens when you put a can on 5.56, you will always get the loud crack.

Now, if you can adjust the amount of powder to keep the bullet subsonic, then maybe it is something to have. Which was the reason the 300 blackout was invented.

Agree.

A slow moving 350 grain slug fired at 25-30 yards would make a nice, much more quiet, hunting toy.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

This

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    As others have said. Just get a bucket of diesel for cleaning. Drop the ML in nose first and let it sit overnight.

Any lubricants that shouldn't be in the can will dissolve in the diesel.

It's a neat product. Not sure why people are bitching about it. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

For those thinking they can make something like this at home, be warned that making silencer parts is a crime if you are not properly licensed. Until the silencer parts are permanent attached to the NON Firearm, they are silencer parts.

Great info on the cleaning and good points on the NFA issues.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Agree.

A slow moving 350 grain slug fired at 25-30 yards would make a nice, much more quiet, hunting toy.

The vendor suggests 100 grains of powder

But that can be worked down to the minimum allowed for hunting, which is 60 grains for a long barrel, or 40 for a handgun.

Muzzleloading rifles or shotguns used for deer hunting must be at least .40 caliber in size and must use 60 grains of black powder or more (a black powder equivalent is acceptable) and propel one all-lead, lead alloy or copper soft-nosed or expanding bullet or ball at a single discharge.

Muzzleloading handguns used for deer hunting must be at least .40 caliber with a barrel length of at least 6 inches and must use 40 grains of black powder or more (a black powder equivalent is acceptable) and propel one all-lead, lead alloy or copper soft-nosed or expanding bullet or ball at a single discharge.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    According to a friend who owns the base gun, it's not an unreasonable amount of time to load it from the breech and you don't need to use the loading tube. You remove the breechplug, ram a projectile forwards, pour powder in without getting any in the breech threads, replace the breechplug, use a ramrod to seat the projectile back down, cap, and fire. Swabbing from the breech end would also be easier since you only have to push the patch one direction and again, no loading tube needed.

Last edited:

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    My hunting buddy just got his, its a pretty nice gun overall. This pisser is it doesnt come with a scope mount, you have to buy it seperate.

Chevellenut and I had the chance to shoot one at the IV8888 shoot last weekend. Its about as loud as my 6.8spc when suppressed.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    This is why I bought 2 silencerco products. I love that these guys keep pushing the envelope. This is a great idea and a fantastic workaround in the current law. Funny thing is, you grind off the welds between the muzzleloader and suppressor and that's a felony. Glad to see they keep thinking outside the box.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    My hunting buddy just got his, its a pretty nice gun overall. This pisser is it doesnt come with a scope mount, you have to buy it seperate.

Chevellenut and I had the chance to shoot one at the IV8888 shoot last weekend. Its about as loud as my 6.8spc when suppressed.

I don't have a reference for your 6.8spc when suppressed. Are you running subsonic?

How would you compare it to say a 22LR Standard Velocity or like CCI quiets?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom