• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    an m1a is actually the only thing I ended up buying before the ban. I already had an AR, but instead of going for another 1-2, I ended up with a national match M1A.

Its almost looks like the douglas barrel is now an option on these on springfield website, unless I see it wrong. I thought the upgraded barrel was standard in NM models.

Anywho, my only regret is not opting for the socom model as its much more suited to me then a " trophy" NM model.

They've had Douglas barrels for awhile, I just don't like the look of a stainless barrel on an M1A. Instead of a SOCOM get an AR10 clone with a 16" barrel?

That's what my rifle looks like minus the leather sling, I have a black nylon sling on mine. It's a little heavy but I don't go running around with it. I also added the extended bolt hold open button so you can close the bolt with your left hand instead of racking the charging handle. It makes things easier, its now like loading an AR, your right hand stays in place and your left hand does all the work.

Link to extended bolt catch button?

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Nice!! That's the rifle I kick myself for ever parting with! I paid less than $800 for a Standard Walnut M1A in the late '80s-early '90s... gone are the days!

Ap1026

Jul 25, 2017
    I had an opportunity to purchase one of these prior to 2013, I still kick myself to this day for not going through with it. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom