Looking for a .22 semi auto pistol for my wife's birthday.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    I am looking for suggestions on a good reasonably priced .22 handgun. I know there is a lot of options and opinions and hoping to get a good response. So her birthday is next month and for her birthday I am going to take her to find something she can go out and enjoy shooting with me and not break my wallet on ammo and enjoy unlike my 1911. She is a small to medium framed female. I know walking into a gun shop there going to try and sell what they have in stock if you aren't looking for particular make and model. So any of your guys suggested will be greatly appreciated.

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    I was considering a revolver but I do own a px4 storm 9mm that for some reason she loves to shoot so was kinda going with the semi auto "style" but will definitely keep it in mind. And as for Ruger I my self was very interested in the sr22.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Smith & Wesson M&P .22 Compact. Get one with a threaded barrel for when you/she graduate to supressors. Seriously, perfect size for woman's hands, all the same features and function of a full size service pistol, reliable and has S&W lifetime warranty.

Gskwared

Supreme Being
    Feb 4, 2013
    Carroll County
    Smith & Wesson M&P .22 Compact. Get one with a threaded barrel for when you/she graduate to supressors. Seriously, perfect size for woman's hands, all the same features and function of a full size service pistol, reliable and has S&W lifetime warranty.

I second this. I own one of these and I run it suppressed and it is reliable and a blast to shoot!

DanJo

Mar 4, 2010
    Western Howard County
    I love my Browning Buckmark for target shooting, but your best bet is taking her to a range that rents guns and having her see what she likes to shoot.

chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    My wife has done well enough with my SR22. She appreciates the low recoil and light slide that you will probably get with any 22.

I got the threaded barrel because why not. It works very similarly to most "regular" handguns and is a breeze to clean.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    SW22 is nice and very much in line with the M&P models. Would be a great beginner SA and suppressor host

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I am looking for suggestions on a good reasonably priced .22 handgun. I know there is a lot of options and opinions and hoping to get a good response. So her birthday is next month and for her birthday I am going to take her to find something she can go out and enjoy shooting with me and not break my wallet on ammo and enjoy unlike my 1911. She is a small to medium framed female. I know walking into a gun shop there going to try and sell what they have in stock if you aren't looking for particular make and model. So any of your guys suggested will be greatly appreciated.

I have a accurate and good shooting .22 in the classifieds.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I've been looking at a Beretta Bobcat (tip up barrel) for an elderly friend who needs a firearm. She has difficulty with racking a slide. This solves that problem.

I have one. It's a lot of fun to shoot. It also has not been at all picky with ammo

To the OP, a Browning Buckmark or a Ruger mkiii are excellent choices. They are both excellent target pistols and a joy to shoot.

I favor the Bucknarks but you cannot go wrong with either.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Beretta neos is a lot of gun for the money. I see new 1s from $229.00 -$279.00 the eat about everything and shoot very nice. I also love the Rugers but the Beretta is half the price and shoots just as well.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Look into the sig classic. It's a 22 you can later get the caliber exchange kit and shoot 9mm, 357 sig, 40s&w (depending on which kit you buy)

Though it is not budget friendly, you do get a nice gun that you later can upgrade to serve other purposes than just target shooting.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Ruger Mk ii hunter. Mk iii otherwise.

ruger_hunter_kmkii678h_1231101.jpg

billymx48

Jun 20, 2015
    My Wife likes my gsg 1911 22Lr. Its accurate down side is its a little cheaply made with plastic sights. I have never had problems with ammo selection some people say they do. I have ran about 600 rounds through mine and maybe two stovepipes which in my opinion is good practice because it is strictly a range gun. :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom