• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I seriously doubt Ruppersberger or his staff had anything to do with getting your stamps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, he and 534 of his colleagues have say-so over how much money and how many staff positions there are at that branch.

Shhhhhhh7777

Sep 26, 2016
    Im new to the forum, but I have 4 form 4s pending at the moment and when I called, the agent said they are working on forms from February. She also stated that turn around s were closing to 7 months and about 3 weeks for the stamps to be sent to the dealers.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Had another Form 3 approved last week. Integrally suppressed 10/22 barrel from John Norrell set up for use on a full auto 10/22. Approval took about 5-1/2 weeks. Sent the Form 4 off today. Hoping to have the stamp back for Christmas. :fingerscrossed:

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Had another Form 3 approved last week. Integrally suppressed 10/22 barrel from John Norrell set up for use on a full auto 10/22. Approval took about 5-1/2 weeks. Sent the Form 4 off today. Hoping to have the stamp back for Christmas. :fingerscrossed:
    Sounds like a Christmas miracle! Good luck

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD

I have a form 4 trust sbr I sent off in June, I'm not expecting it back till I turn 40 next April. That'll be my birthday present to myself. At this point I'm not expecting my suppressor form 4 trust sent in February till Christmas.

Best wishes.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I have a form 4 trust sbr I sent off in June, I'm not expecting it back till I turn 40 next April. That'll be my birthday present to myself. At this point I'm not expecting my suppressor form 4 trust sent in February till Christmas.

Best wishes.

You should have your Form 4 before then. I just got a Form 4 back from 2/14.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    Silencerco Omega Picked up today
    Purchased: 1/5/16
    Check Cashed: 2/17/16
    Approved: 9/16/16
    Stamp Arrived and picked up: 10/3/16

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    ARGH! What happened to 5 month waiting period when I put my eForm 1 in with Trust? Went pending May 28th. Looks like approval not until Christmas. Oh well.

Dave

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    ARGH! What happened to 5 month waiting period when I put my eForm 1 in with Trust? Went pending May 28th. Looks like approval not until Christmas. Oh well.

Dave

guys are just starting to see mid/late april form1's e-filed come through. I'm mid may, I'm hoping sometime this month i'll see mine.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I cry every time I think about the two suppressors that I have in jail right now.

That I submitted paperwork for.

The first week of July.

:cringe:

imtan8

Jun 9, 2014
    Virginia
    Seems like Form 1's are in April and Form 4's are in Feb.
    I'm sure the wait will be longer for anyone who filed right before July 13th deadline or anyone after the deadline.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I cry every time I think about the two suppressors that I have in jail right now.

That I submitted paperwork for.

The first week of July.

:cringe:

Best to just forget about it. That'll make for a fun surprise some time late next year ;)

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Seems like Form 1's are in April and Form 4's are in Feb.
    I'm sure the wait will be longer for anyone who filed right before July 13th deadline or anyone after the deadline.

I still do not understand how form 1 and 4 are processed differently. No one seems to have any answer why this happens. I could maybe, maybe, see trust vs individual. But not an SBR vs Suppressor. Both are hunks of metal. Should also say not manufacturing your own suppressor.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    I still do not understand how form 1 and 4 are processed differently. No one seems to have any answer why this happens. I could maybe, maybe, see trust vs individual. But not an SBR vs Suppressor. Both are hunks of metal. Should also say not manufacturing your own suppressor.

bureaucratic inefficiency? I dont know what answer you will be satisfied with. If you are really that concerned, call the ATF and ask them why is there noticeable differece in approvals of Form 1 vs Form 4. See what answer they will give you.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    bureaucratic inefficiency? I dont know what answer you will be satisfied with. If you are really that concerned, call the ATF and ask them why is there noticeable differece in approvals of Form 1 vs Form 4. See what answer they will give you.

Id be satisfied with any answer that provides information on the process. It seems this approval process ranks in secrecy up there with the colonels recipe, Coca Cola and who does Negan kill on the walking dead.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Best to just forget about it. That'll make for a fun surprise some time late next year ;)

You're not heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelpiiiing.

:P

In all seriousness though, yeah I am just basically forgetting about it. The call will come when it comes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom