• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I will be here to read and get info. Don't think I will be participating in any discussions. I think I have said quite enough.

If anyone is curious, I have reached out to Blackthorne.

Well Joe I hope you stick around for sure. I don't have many friends here and the ones I do are costing me a fortune!

FWIW I agree with your initial reaction. The opening post struck me as a snotty, "I am better than you people because my material things are better" example of unprovoked primal poo-flinging. And saying it's all in fun doesn't excuse shitting all over everyone else's beloved stuff.

But I hope you stick around and continue to show us those old treasures (and they are old treasures, I'm not being sarcastic here) that you find from time to time in those gun shops down in God's country. :thumbsup:

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    I guess some of you didn't get past the first paragraph before blowing a gasket like poor Joe. You either never read or understood the disclaimer <This rant "is" all in fun> and don't understand or can't tolerate a poke in the ribs. I can understand and appreciate the piling on by some of you, but I really feel bad for poor Joe. That class envy stuff has him so screwed up that he turned my dry humor stab at today's shotgun terminology into a personal attack and a nasty one at that. I didn't think Joe was like that. Joe, I didn't single you out and meant you no harm. I think everyone understood that but you and those pushing your buttons. I've thought you to be a stand-up guy and appreciated your love of and search for shotguns until you went bonkers on me. Shows me how wrong I was. Guess I was wrong to bust chops about "shotties" and wrong about you. Sorry too for the typo that further twisted your thoughts and yes, you've been quite juvenile, but that's on you. It's funny, but I know that if I said to your face what I said in my post, you would laugh and poke fun back, we would bust each other's chops and have a grand time while shooting a round or two. You would miss a target and I would blame it on your gun. I would miss a target and you would tell me that an expensive gun doesn't break targets. Read the same words in type and your brain goes in another direction and you call me an *******. That's on you too.

By the way, a Blackthorne, also spelled Blackthorn, is a dense thorny shrub from which a Shillelagh is made. They predated the "shotty" and prooved to be so effective a club used by the Irish that England outlawed them. The English later softened their stance and allowed the blackthorne to be made in longer versions to be used as a cane or walking stick.

Yes, I had been here as Wyomingboy and left the site on my own accord, to which the owner will attest. After meeting and enjoying the company of a couple of members , I decided to return. I chose the handle Blackthorne, after the type of one of the canes that I currently use to walk.

Nonetheless, here I am and here I'll stay and hope to be able to contribute something to the shotgun side of shooting.

To all..... have a good weekend.

Thanks Joe, now I got a new picture. Happy now? You huwt his fewwings!
    This board is just full of insensitive characters
    crybaby-truth.jpg

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Joe, I left once because people were pulling all kinds of ******** in my personal life. I just decided to put them on ignore and come back after a cooling off period.

I dont want you to go, but lets put it this way brother...........

If you leave Joe, then I do too, so please reconsider. If the assholes run all the good guys off then MDS wont be MDS anymore, it will become AR15.com. DOnt let that happen.

Your friend Chad. :)

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    If the assholes run all the good guys off then MDS wont be MDS anymore, it will become AR15.com.

Chad, you get quote of the week for that one!

But I too echo all those sentiments. I've seriously felt like quitting the board more than a few times too. But the good friends I do have are worth putting up with, or at least ignoring, the retards. And I can't forget that leaving the board means handing some troublemaker a victory.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    sweet zombie jesus, the mods should resurrect my rant thread complaining about rant threads. Joe, grab a beer...take some time to go to the range...and by the time you get back the board will be moved on past the current rediculous crap to new and exciting rediculous crap. In the meantime, u can place members that say personal attacks on our ignore list if you want. You're usually a pretty cool guy to have around and bring lots of life and jokes to the forum...this thread you might have wandered a little from your usual posts, but everyone has an off-day i suppose. again...1) grab guns and head to range 2) shoot lots of stuff 3) pack up guns and swing by booze store 4) find most delicious pumpkin booze possible 5) lounge in a chair or preferrably a hammock while drinking delicious booze and soaking up the sun, listening to birds chirp and just plain relaxing. 6) move on past current emotional state and when you're ready, make us continue to spit our finest booze over our moniters with jokes and jokes and jokes...

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    sweet zombie jesus, the mods should resurrect my rant thread complaining about rant threads. Joe, grab a beer...take some time to go to the range...and by the time you get back the board will be moved on past the current rediculous crap to new and exciting rediculous crap. In the meantime, u can place members that say personal attacks on our ignore list if you want. You're usually a pretty cool guy to have around and bring lots of life and jokes to the forum...this thread you might have wandered a little from your usual posts, but everyone has an off-day i suppose. again...1) grab guns and head to range 2) shoot lots of stuff 3) pack up guns and swing by booze store 4) find most delicious pumpkin booze possible 5) lounge in a chair or preferrably a hammock while drinking delicious booze and soaking up the sun, listening to birds chirp and just plain relaxing. 6) move on past current emotional state and when you're ready, make us continue to spit our finest booze over our moniters with jokes and jokes and jokes...

+1 :D:thumbsup:

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Everything has been settled between us. Nothing more to see here, kids.

I'll be back in full form eventually.

Thanks for the comments and the constructive criticism. :thumbsup:

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Everything has been settled between us. Nothing more to see here, kids.

I'll be back in full form eventually.

Thanks for the comments and the constructive criticism. :thumbsup:

I knew you couldn't be with out us very long. You need to post more pics of the cute New Bern news reporters. why did you change your FB profile bring the other back :D

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I knew you couldn't be with out us very long. You need to post more pics of the cute New Bern news reporters. why did you change your FB profile bring the other back :D

For FPS. This is me and Maddie with WCTI 12 Meteorologist Tori Shaw (on the left) and reporter/weekend anchor Alize Proisy (on the right)

40891_10150309153305585_691460584_15421008_550128_n.jpg

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Got errands to go run, and only made thru fist 2/3rds (so far). But kinda have the gist so so far.
    Shotty is kinda ignorant and gheto. Not quite a generation ago the gangsta wannabes would refer to their "Gage" .

The problem is that the objectivly measurable differences between high dollar scatterguns and the lowest price on Wallys or Dick's rack is subtle. Yes long smooth forcing cones, smooth chockes a one inch parrell will shoot a more even consistant pattern. But it's a lot more obscure than measuring the difference between a 5.0 group at 100yd and a 1.5 group at 100yd.

And I have in the past, and even most recently gotten some very interesting guns @ $199 & under. But they are usually "classic" , "vetran" , or at least out of production. A cookiecutter lowest price spl , blinged out is , well rather boring .

Let's flip it around. Around here fullly tricked out ARs, with tactical kitchen sink attached, and often enough a piston system are derigour. Easilly have enough $ tied up in one to cover a fairly nice Trap gun, or fine SxS . And the differences in performance between the tacticool special and a rack grade base model AR are again very subtle. For that matter in real life not that different in getting things done than a rusty .30-30 .

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom