Gould v. O'Leary 1st Circuit(Mass. CCW challenge)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knuckle Dragger

May 7, 2012
    Not much to report from today's hearing. We had 10 minutes, they had ten minutes. Boston, Brookline, and the Commonwealth split their time 3-3-4. For the most part the judges didn't allow any extra time.

We should have audio tomorrow.

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gould's attorneys filed this 28j about Young

Attachments

• Gould Young 28j.pdf
      70.9 KB · Views: 241

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    What a crock of shit from the commonwealth. We've been restricting the right for a long time so it should be presumed lawful. I'd love to tell the IRS that since I have been cheating on my taxes for a long time it should be presumed lawful. And since the legislature has been passing these laws for such a long time the will of the people to trash the 2A should be okey dokey?

Not as bad as the JV lawyer who argued the Young case but not far behind.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    MA is really curious to me in that basically the entire state is shall issue except Boston and some similarly located jurisdictions. Even non-res permits handled by the Mass Staties are generally unrestricted carry. Not that it is anything we didn't know, but it just shows how disingenuous these commies are with their "public safety" argument. Can they even believe this themselves?

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    David Thompson (plaintiffs attorney) was outstanding, especially in his 3 minute rebuttal which pretty much blew up all of the state/sheriff arguments made right before.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    You say that like you think it will make a difference.

Well of course if the judges are dead set against us then that's all there is to it. I wasn't 100% convinced they would rule against us.

Maybe 90%.

Remember that there's a split on the table no matter how this panel rules. They have to have it in the back of their minds that their opinion could end up before a SCOTUS with Brett Kavanaugh. They'll need to dot their I's and cross their T's.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    Once again, a court used Rational Basis while pretending it used Intermediate Scrutiny. What music goes with the 2A Two-Step?

Why is it rational basis and not intermediate scrutiny? I keep hearing people say this but they provide no real explanation as to why this is the case. If you want the courts to accept this you need to provide a reasonable explanation. Nobody has and SCOTUS has not stepped in to change it.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    They, the court, mentions stun guns in the definition of firearms. I thought that was cleared up? Or is it still in the law and just won't be prosecuted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom