• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sundaeman

MDS Supporter
    Sep 16, 2008
    Crazyal just left from my house. He was raving about his new Benelli m2 tactical shotgun.

I showed him how to operate the darn thing, took out the mag block and a quick lesson on breaking it own.

I just hope he does not learn how to bump fire the M2. He did notice how fast the Benelli semi auto shotguns cycle. Nothing short of awesome

He was also trying to install a limbsaver recoil pad on it. Thanks to 3" buckshots

The Benelli 121M1 and it's offspring are capable of putting 5 empty hulls in the air before the 1st one hits the ground. They make great bowling pin guns.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    @Myrtle Grove that would be a no-no
    @my local club would be a no-no also

It is fun. As fast as you can pump, rounds are being fired.

I take it that it's simply holding down the trigger and with force, pushing the pump handle forward quickly? I'm gathering it's not too good for the shotgun either?

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I bump fired the Benelli M4 just for kicks... Push the fore end forward while keeping my trigger finger stationary. ka- powpowpowpowpowpowpow ouch ow ow dammit that hurts.

im never doing that again

Dave_E71

Nov 11, 2009
    I'm fairly sure the hammer isn't released until the bolt is in battery but it would take a trip to the back of the safe to verify and to be honest, I'm too lazy right now...

ADD: Now I'm curious, stand by...

I take it that it's simply holding down the trigger and with force, pushing the pump handle forward quickly? I'm gathering it's not too good for the shotgun either?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I bump fired the Benelli M4 just for kicks... Push the fore end forward while keeping my trigger finger stationary. ka- powpowpowpowpowpowpow ouch ow ow dammit that hurts.

Slam firing is more comfortable, although if you started shooting at ground level, you will end up creating an aerial denial zone. lol

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011

I've gone thru 3 trigger groups learning how to empty 6 rounds out of a 500 as quickly as possible, aimed.

It's not the same as true slide-firing, but it's fun. Start at the waist on a B-27 target, last round ends up in the face. Personal best is under 4.5 seconds.

Hoping with the aluminum trigger group I can improve upon that.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I've gone thru 3 trigger groups learning how to empty 6 rounds out of a 500 as quickly as possible, aimed.

It's not the same as true slide-firing, but it's fun. Start at the waist on a B-27 target, last round ends up in the face. Personal best is under 4.5 seconds.

Hoping with the aluminum trigger group I can improve upon that.

You really need to shoot the benelli.. 7 rounds in 1.2 seconds. Some folks can shoot it faster.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    You really need to shoot the benelli.. 7 rounds in 1.2 seconds. Some folks can shoot it faster.

I got a few boxes of 12ga sitting around. :innocent0

*Haven't even tested the 500 out since I rebuilt it.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I got a few boxes of 12ga sitting around. :innocent0

*Haven't even tested the 500 out since I rebuilt it.

Bring it... Ill let you shoot it out of the m4.

I have a 590 that kicks the snot out of me. Dont shoot it much. Bought a couple of new guns recently.. Tavors, r700, Ares MCR, AUG A3, ARs..... Hoohum, Boring.

The Benelli M4 is a lot more fun. Ive been shooting 3" shells and my shoulders are still in its sockets. Recoil is mild and making fist sized holes at 15 yards is entertaining.

For speed shooting, we can probably get away shooting light loads at the shotgun range.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I can bring a few boxes of light loads for the shotgun range no problem. They're just sitting in my ammo closet right now.

I've put 3 rounds thru my rebuilt 500, (1) 3" slug, and (2) 2 3/4" PDX shells. It's now wearing a 18.5" barrel, so it thumps some with slugs. Just the way a shotgun should thump ya.

Ditched the tacti stock/forend and went back to the wood stock/forend. It's actually faster for me to shoot it that way.

View attachment 93196

Waited for months for the aluminum trigger group to pop up. Time to see if it was worth it.

Last edited:

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Is it true?

Some of our soldiers in WW1 used shotguns to shoot and deflect grenades that were being tossed by the enemy.

Wow.... That is just pure awesome..... PULL!!!!!!

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Is it true?

Some of our soldiers in WW1 used shotguns to shoot and deflect grenades that were being tossed by the enemy.

Wow.... That is just pure awesome..... PULL!!!!!!

I've heard of a few instances where they allegedly did just that.

Shotgunners were also selected to be gunners on bombers since they instinctively knew how to lead a target.

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    I love the benelli m4, such a nice shotgun. My friend has the short barreled M4 and it was awesome to shoot.

I have a M3 Super 90 that I got for ridiculous deal at a gun shop and it is my fiancees favorite gun to shoot, she would never let me sell it ha. It's everybody's favorite gun to shoot when we go to the range. Pretty neat to cycle from semi to pump.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I love the benelli m4, such a nice shotgun. My friend has the short barreled M4 and it was awesome to shoot.

I have a M3 Super 90 that I got for ridiculous deal at a gun shop and it is my fiancees favorite gun to shoot, she would never let me sell it ha. It's everybody's favorite gun to shoot when we go to the range. Pretty neat to cycle from semi to pump.

I miss my SPAS12. Sold it years ago. Im still kicking myself in the behind for doing that. It also had the pump feature and it looks meaner than the M4

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I may have some vintage 'US Gov't Property' marked boxes of 12ga I can bring along as well. Some are still in the brown paper/foil packaging too. :innocent0

Got 3 boxes of birdshot pulled out of the closet already. Going to have to hit wally world later this week and see what else I can find in there. Don't want to get into my stock too much.

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    I miss my SPAS12. Sold it years ago. Im still kicking myself in the behind for doing that. It also had the pump feature and it looks meaner than the M4

I would love to have a SPAS12 one day as well, the SPAS definitely has a mean rugged look to it. The M3 is a heavy gun though, very heavy and it had trouble cycling target loads in semi last range trip, but slugs and 00 are no problems at all.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    My M4 had been fed a steady diet of Wally world bulk shells. Its the only thing affordable to shoot nowadays. It will run light loads as long as the bolt group is well lubricated. just like an AR. It has to run wet.

Im not a shotgun fanboy, but the M4 is really growing on me. The fun factor is way up there.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    BTW the Remington Versa Max is a copy of the Benelli (the trigger groups will swap and work) with improvements. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom