• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    I'm looking to downsize a couple rifles and don't feel comfortable selling F2F. Can someone recommend a shop around Frederick who handles consignments? How much do they generally charge?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Most places are 20%

Sorry I can’t help on the Frederick part. But as you can see United in Rockville does a great job updating their consignment page. MoCo has a 30 day law so not a quick sale but they get the word out quick.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I believe Gun runners on Patrick street behind the bagel shop takes consignments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I believe Gun runners on Patrick street behind the bagel shop takes consignments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe his name is bob and he was an awesome guy but shop hours were kinda rough otherwise I would of suggested them

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    United Gun Shop is an IP. They are in Rockville and have great store with lots of traffic and solid consignment business. Don't look at their thread here it will hurt your wallet. They charge 15% or a minimum of $40. They will help you with pricing. Pricing depends on you - you can price it to sell quickly, or price it at wishful thinking and it will sit on the counter, or anything in between. Montgomery does make them hold consignments for 3 weeks. They build a list of names in those 3 weeks.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    If your looking for a place in FREDERICK, then Gunrunners is the place. He does have “odd” hours, but Bobs a good guy. Don’t know why’s he hasn’t become an IP?

Exuberon

Aug 8, 2017
    Southern Virginia
    Gym Ratz (also an IP) in Mechanicsville, Md. does consignments as well.

I recommend giving John a call, and he can help with price suggestions. If requested, he will place items on ArmList to help reach a larger audience.

+1 for United too.

Smokescreen

Knight who say Ni
    Feb 9, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I'm looking to downsize a couple rifles and don't feel comfortable selling F2F. Can someone recommend a shop around Frederick who handles consignments? How much do they generally charge?

Yep, Gunrunners in Frederick is great. Last time I asked, he charges 10% for consignments.
    www.gunrunnersmd.com for the hours and contact info.

If you want to bring an AR in, make sure you bring in your proof that it can be sold in Maryland. If you do not have proof, i'm sure he will work with you on how to sell it.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    Don't try Atlantic Guns they say they can't do consignment because MOCO. makes to hard , Having to file a Used Property Report and hold it for 21 days , But what they'll do
    Is give you a low ball slap in the face price to buy it , So rather then make 10% or 20% they mark it up 70% to 80% , I do shop their but I only buy guns when they run a Sale.
    One of the old crew years ago took care of me when I was a cash poor student and schooled me in dealing with the Store, he's gone as are all the other's that knew more than
    AR's and AK's like the group they have now , It's become no better than a Box store in terms of knowledge and service , I heard that there new Gunsmith isn't all that good , I'll
    take anything to need worked on over to Scott's Gunsmithing , He was Atlantic's smith back in the day when I was going to school here .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom