• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I don't think even the NRA completely understands what this apparent training and insurance combo offering will entail.

Stay tuned...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I don't think even the NRA completely understands what this apparent training and insurance combo offering will entail.

Stay tuned...

They know. It will entail a $200+ course being required to purchase their $400+/yr insurance. When new members are hard to come by, you tap your existing membership for additional dollars.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    So this was the other shoe waiting to drop, after NRA corrected their greed based Blended Training.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    According to presentations at the 2017 NRA Annual Meeting, the course and the insurance are two different programs. Also, you do not need to be an NRA member to purchase NRA CarryGuard insurance. The series of NRA Concealed Carry courses is still being developed. Based on what I heard at the meeting, these classes will go beyond what is taught in PPITH/PPOTH and Advanced Pistol.

Dreago

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2009
    I went with USCCA, I had compared it to a previous program offering from the NRA and my decision was more based on the length of time the programs have been offered as well as customer testimonials.

Cool deal.:thumbsup:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    And as we're giving plugs :

I personally know the founder ( and several board members) of Armed Citizen Legal Defense Network, and it is also a fine option

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    An attorney well known to our community is writing an article comparing and contrasting "insurance" options. Give it a few weeks

peacock

Aug 28, 2016
    Elkton, MD
    The thing that the NRA lacks is most of their training programs are behind and not really updated. I am hoping that this new CCW is on spot. Looking forward to it.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    The thing that the NRA lacks is most of their training programs are behind and not really updated. I am hoping that this new CCW is on spot. Looking forward to it.

From what was said at the annual meeting, the CCW class will be an intensive hands-on (range) class that will be 3 days long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom