• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Took this class this past Saturday. VERY impressed. Folks, this was a two-hour drive down (10 minutes longer on the way back, but I got lucky in that regard) from my house in Timonium. That's it. People might sometimes complain about a lack of training opportunities around here (I love CMCT, but their schedule isn't exactly expansive), but these guys aren't far at all, especially for members who live around DC. AAR is on my blog here:

https://civiliangunfighter.wordpres...defensive-carbine-i-class-culpeper-va-042917/

Feel free to ask questions or comment here or on the blog itself.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Briefly scanned the article on the class and your other posts on the blog. Nicely done. I have plenty of reading to go through in the mornings over coffee...

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    @Travis: yes, I too had been wondering. They are definitely legit. I still have two courses I'm signed up for this year with "bigger name" instructors, but will try to fit another course with Green Ops in this year. In 2018, honestly, it's going to take one heck of a training opportunity to get me to go anywhere besides them and John Murphy of FPF Training (and those he hosts).

There were a few people in class who could've used some more, ah, remediation on some basics, which made me think that maybe the instructors covered a few things too quickly. But they offer a 4 hour intro class which students with no experience are supposed to take first. My guess is some didn't take it or forgot what they'd learned. There were a couple of LEO in the class and a few civvies who were very much switched on, though. I was probably above average for skills compared with the class as a whole. A few had me beat in the speed department.

@Blaster: Thanks for the praise. It's a labor of love. I accept donations to put toward future classes :)

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I know this is a relatively old post, but thank you very much for the AAR. My life and health situations have stabilized enough that I'm looking to take some good training classes, and it seems like these guys have a bunch that are relatively convenient to me.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I know this is a relatively old post, but thank you very much for the AAR. My life and health situations have stabilized enough that I'm looking to take some good training classes, and it seems like these guys have a bunch that are relatively convenient to me.

Thanks for the feedback. Good luck with your continued recovery.

shocka04

Jan 17, 2012
    Calvert County
    I took their carbine clinic back in the fall and can confirm they do the justification of use of force at the beginning of their courses. The course I took sounds very similar to the one you took, just shorter in time and shorter range(was hosted at the NRA indoor range)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom