• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    at Elkneck you must fire all rifles from the bench. There are two 25 yard and four 15 yard positions on the pistol range. And no rapid fire on neither rifle nor pistol range .

Last edited:

Fox Mike

Apr 24, 2010
    Havre de Grace
    Problem with Elk Neck is that there is never a range officer there and you can get some pretty shady individuals and/or some pretty unsafe behavior there as well. I have had to pack up and roll out early because of that a few times.

Encountered that once on a Friday. Never went back on a Friday or a weekend. I tried to always go early as possible and on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. No range officers but then again normally I was the only person shooting pistol,

Makanik

Oct 11, 2014
    Cecil Co. Maryland
    Tried TSS out today. Very nice place and will go back there again. Got there as they opened. We have never been there before, so we had to watch a video and fill out some paperwork. After that all good.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    If I know I'm just shooting handguns, I have started going to Continental. More lanes, clean and not as crowded. My last attempt at FS they told me it was a 3 plus hour wait. Time before was 2 plus hour. They saw the "wow" look on my face and suggested I could go get something to eat in the meantime, but not very possible with firearms in the vehicle. There are a lot of questionable characters that go now. Clueless individuals or groups to clarify.

I have been shooting at continental for over 20 yrs and like it, although i prefer outdoor shooting on steel. With rare exception, the people at continental are always professional and some have been there for 20 yrs.
    you can holster qualify for no charge; FS charges $75, i think.
    You can carry a loaded ccw in continental and you ca’t in FS.
    FS seems more closed in, maybe because its smaller, and i like the target retention system at continental much better.
    Cont has more lanes and i don’t recall waiting for a lane.
    The membership costs, if that’s the route you want to take, are pretty reasonable.
    I found the employees at FS friendly. Likewise continental.
    No way do i want ARs and AKs being shot in the lane next to me. Won’t ever happen at continental.
    Cont has a glass wall into the range and a RO is almost always on duty. If he sees something, he says something.
    In a nice way, i might add.
    I am glad we have choices.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I stopped going to freestate in 2012 when I was filling out paperwork for an AR15 lower, pulled out my CCW card to fill in info on paperwork. Girl had a shitfit, saying I needed to disclose that I was armed, blah blah blah, I kind of looked at her while I was seated filling out my paperwork and said "its concealed and without me getting out my card to fill out paperwork you would have never known". Well long story short went back next week to a sign on the door that said "ONLY UNIFORMED OFFICERS MAY CARRY" I picked up my lower and left and never went back.

edit: its been a minute, but I used to walk into continental carrying a box of ammo, show my CCW and get a few targets and fill out paperwork and head to the back. They respected the fact that I am licensed to carry and went over I was not to draw-shoot and to only remove the firearm from holster once in my lane.
    Cont will qualify you to shoot from the holster if you are a member and will mark your card. Prob best during the week at an off time so the RO can spend the time away from his range duties. Two hands, strong side, weak side. All rounds in the black.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    What does that entail? B-8? B-27? Distance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

B-27. Distance? Wow, have to remember. Best i can recall was inside 7 yds. Not sure it was that far though. Not beyond. When i did it i was carrying a G27 which makes for interesting left hand shooting if your strong side is right side. Not a speed contest. Just a safe draw and take your time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom