Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I'm buying an 80% drone

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    Link to FAA press release

I'm just the messenger, so please hold your fire :)

http://www.faa.gov/news/press_releases/news_story.cfm?newsId=19856

Registration Begins on December 21, 2015, First 30 Days are Free

WASHINGTON – The U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) today announced a streamlined and user-friendly web-based aircraft registration process for owners of small unmanned aircraft (UAS) weighing more than 0.55 pounds (250 grams) and less than 55 pounds (approx. 25 kilograms) including payloads such as on-board cameras.... see link

registration link www.faa.gov/uas/registration

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/guns-toy-planes-registered-feds-article-1.2465714

Lots of parallels to gun control coming out about this, luckily a large portion of RCers are also gun folk, seems to spark similar interest.

There is already rumblings about major flight festivals being cancelled due to a lack of participants. The FAA gestapo have said leading up to this that they would be present and performing compliance checks.

Good news though, myself, and my RC club has been in contact with AMA leadership, there was a lawsuit over the proposed rules that was basically suspended till the details of the rule came out, so now it's going forward, probably a lot of other stuff going on to fight it being discussed on a conference call this week.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    Yes, we are now at the point we are registering toys with the government. Register and you get a sticker. Because as we all know, stickers work very well in preventing people from doing bad things.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...r-by-february-19th-2016/ar-BBnxAAh?li=BBnbcA1

Register and you get a certificate....You then are required to make and attach your own identification stickers on each and every model aircraft/drone you intend to operate...:tdown:

Fortunately, this new FAA regulation is not a done deal, as the model airplane congressional lobby is strong, not to mention there will now be a AMA filed lawsuit that has been held in abeyance pending this anticipated FAA rule making. Those who are concerned, "stay tuned", as the s#@t is going to hit the fan...:thumbsup:

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    What happens if someone on the no-fly list registers a drone?

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Trust me - the ONLY reason this is being done, is to acclimatize the American people to the idea of having all "assault" weapons registered.

It sets the stage for the debate: "If we can register drones, SURELY it's only common sense to register dangerous weapons, too."

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    You can't stop "YAHOOS" from doing things that yahoos do!!
    You can't stop "EVIL" people from doing things that evil people do.

See any parallelism here!!! NAH! Oh wait!

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    Trust me - the ONLY reason this is being done, is to acclimatize the American people to the idea of having all "assault" weapons registered.

It sets the stage for the debate: "If we can register drones, SURELY it's only common sense to register dangerous weapons, too."

As the water in the pot slowly warms up, the wittle froggy says.....Oh SHEET!!

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Drones have killed thousands of people in the middle east alone. Drones are weapons of war and have no place on the streets of America. We need to ban assault drones now.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA

They are already doing it, linked article in post 26

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Not wanting to play devil's advocate, but people know how government operates, and that didn't stop a few idiots from ruining the fun for everyone. When you fly your drone into commercial airports, and deliberately antagonize your neighbors, it's only a matter of time before regulations happen.

Yeah but like guns, no one from the government has explained how a database would have prevented even a single incident - in this case of idiots flying their drones into commercial airports.

Oh well, too bad I crashed all of my drones into the bay long ago... :innocent0

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Here is one interesting part of the backstory on this, fairly well known that a familiar Senator has attended many of these hearings, and has been meeting with the FAA regularly supposedly to help bring this about;)

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/01/senator-dianne-feinstein-encounter-with-drone-technology-privacy-surveillance-102233

And for a good laugh, here is a pic of the code pink protesters in front of her house during the incident, one is holding the "drone" that "attacked" Feinstein, and allegedly helped start this mess.

Feinstein drone.jpg

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    8 oz..... 8 oz........ F that.

why the hell does the government want to restrict liberty at every possible juncture.... oh wait.................

this just pisses me off....

an rc plane is now so dangerous that it must be registered with the FEDERAL government.....

America has already lost to terrorism... terrorism that we likely created....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom