• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cbrem

Jan 2, 2017
    Carroll County
    I sent in my application for C&R license 1 month ago, the BATF charged the card and have not credited the account at this point. So , should i be expecting the license soon, or is it just a wait and see thing?

Cbrem

Jan 2, 2017
    Carroll County
    They have charged the account, which is good. I am just asking , since they have not credited the money back, then i should just be in a holding pattern, waiting for the US Mail?

Cbrem

Jan 2, 2017
    Carroll County
    Thanks. I should be seeing it soon then. Any recommendations on my first C&R purchase? And where are some good places to look, online? Gun shows?

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    I think it was 6 weeks door to door for both me and my dad.

Recommendations: get a Mosin. They're great and disappearing​ fast IMO. I used Classic Firearms for mine. It's pretty, bright sharp bore, and shoots as accurately​ as me. I was at the Chantilly show in December and I didn't see any outstanding C&R deals. At least nothing in my price range.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    6 weeks from date of charge is the current average timeframe. Southern Ohio Guns, AIM Surplus, JG Sales, Classic Firearms, Bull Moose Guns, Liberty Tree Collectors, Simpson Limited, Old Western Scrounger, Century Arms, SARCO, etc. are all places to send copies of your license when you get it. Classic currently has Yugo Tokarevs for $199 which isn't a bad price. P-64s are another good first purchase.

Cbrem

Jan 2, 2017
    Carroll County
    6 weeks from date of charge is the current average timeframe. Southern Ohio Guns, AIM Surplus, JG Sales, Classic Firearms, Bull Moose Guns, Liberty Tree Collectors, Simpson Limited, Old Western Scrounger, Century Arms, SARCO, etc. are all places to send copies of your license when you get it. Classic currently has Yugo Tokarevs for $199 which isn't a bad price. P-64s are another good first purchase.
    Great info, Thanks a lot .

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    One last bit of advice in case nobody has mentioned it. There are still a couple of companies who want ink-signed copies of your C&R or they won't deal with you. Most companies allow you to upload your C&R or scan it and e-mail it, but SOG was notorious for wanting an ink-signed copy. As such, you'll want to make a bunch of copies of your C&R license before signing it when you get it. Then, sign those copies with a pen so that they have "live ink." If a company requests you mail them your C&R the old fashioned way, that's what they're going to want to see. I also take live-ink signed copies of my C&R to gun shows and out-of-state gun stores since they want to keep a copy of your C&R on file when transferring to you. I have never actually signed the original license in the past 8 or so years I've had a 03FFL. It stays in the front of my bound book in a locked file cabinet.

Cbrem

Jan 2, 2017
    Carroll County
    Thanks for all the advice, guys. A lot to learn. If someone didn't have experienced people to fall back on, mistakes would likely be made.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I suspect my original C&R was discarded as junk mail, years ago. I called, they sent me a fresh one. Since then I've been more attentive.

Mar 20, 2012
    This thread reminded me that I sent in my application back in early February (I actually forgot all about it for a while). My card was charged on February 17th, and I haven't heard anything since.

I had my license some years ago but let it lapse. Back then it took maybe 2 months from submission to receiving my license.

I guess I should make a phone call.

ETA 6/14: Apparently it was approved back in April and lost in the mail or never sent. They sent out another one.

ETA 6/18: FFL received.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom