• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The NJSP Uniforms :

Date back to 1921 , were influenced by the US Army Cavalry uniforms of the era . In the Northeast US , LE agencies , particularly troopers , tend twords "traditional" styled uniforms .

NJSP uses Dress Uniforms as everyday uniforms .

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Just about every time I've been in NJ gas has been cheaper than in MD. Even with the lackeys who get paid to pump it.

That's because the refinery is next door. Sometimes literally.

I have a very good friend who lives in Paramus. He wants to come down here to shoot. He tells me that an 03 FFL is not honored in NJ.

"New Jersey is a police state." - Him

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    Those Jersey cops have got nothing on these two from Philly.

They show up about 24 seconds into the video.

Not sure that's the best example of "jackbooted thugs." In fact, it looked like a pretty good LEO-gun owner encounter.

He was polite and they took time to educate him on why they stopped him and what his infraction was. If they wanted to, they probably could have arrested him right off for open carry. However, they let him know that in the city it has to be concealed (from what I understand from the video) and let him go on his way once he covered his handgun.

BS law to be sure, but this interaction was not bad. I bet Philando Castile would agree.

Sorry for the derail. Back to Jersey Shore.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    There ARE differences between Phila and the rest of the state . But , if what is taking place is what I think is , that isn't one of them .

Actual difference = Rest of Penna , OC when not in vehicle is generally legal with no Permit. Philadelphia , OC not legal unless having Permit .

If the Citizen had a LTCF ( or remaining one recognized by Pa ) , he would be legal to OC . If he didn't have Permit, concealed would be equally illegal .

Even when Legal Phila PD is aggressively Anti- OC . Loosing multiple civil suits in this regards , has had only marginally changed Phila PD's practices .

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I was talking more about the way they were dressed but they also "misrepresented " PA law in regards to OC.

Threatening to disarm or arrest Joe Citizen illegally by flashing a piece of BS paper is textbook "jack booted thug" behavior in my book.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Makanik

Oct 11, 2014
    Cecil Co. Maryland
    I lived in NJ for 43 years till I got fed up with the taxes. Living there I felt every time I touched a gun I was committing a crime. I could not imagine living there now. I know Maryland is not the best reading and listening to people that have lived here for a long time, but it is Paradise to a Ex Jersian.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    I was talking more about the way they were dressed but they also "misrepresented " PA law in regards to OC.

Threatening to disarm or arrest Joe Citizen illegally by flashing a piece of BS paper is textbook "jack booted thug" behavior in my book.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OK. I'm with you. I was assuming they were right about OC in Phil, especially since the guy seemed to acquiesce. The red armbands are quite fascistonable, though. ;)

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    OK. I'm with you. I was assuming they were right about OC in Phil, especially since the guy seemed to acquiesce. The red armbands are quite fascistonable, though. ;)

I'm not sure why the guy gave in so quick other than the fact that he would rather go about his business than own their asses in court. He was definitely correct in his interpretation of the law.

The interwebz are full of videos of these types of encounters in Philly. Apparently there was a ruling a couple of years ago that the police could not ask for an LTCF if the sole reason for doing so was that someone was open carrying a firearm. This and the boatload of judgments against the city where they have paid out big $$ still does not seem to deter the local gendarmes from harassing those who open carry.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    If I recall correctly, the preceding video was the annual Mummer’s Parade, which would explain the red armbands, which are worn by “officials” who are managing the event.

As for the “severe” uniforms of the NJSP, the tradition is obviously stronger than the unfortunate stance created by the uniforms and hats that resemble what famous German war criminals wear.

I think the tradition is so strong because it dates from the high visibility that the NJSP garnered when they took over the Lindbergh Baby Kidnapping. The NJSP was run by Herbert N. Schwartzkopf, the father of the famous General Norman H. Schwartzkopf. Schwartzkopf Senior drilled military rituals into his NJSP recruits and the traditions never waned.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I'm not sure why the guy gave in so quick other than the fact that he would rather go about his business than own their asses in court. He was definitely correct in his interpretation of the law.

The interwebz are full of videos of these types of encounters in Philly. Apparently there was a ruling a couple of years ago that the police could not ask for an LTCF if the sole reason for doing so was that someone was open carrying a firearm. This and the boatload of judgments against the city where they have paid out big $$ still does not seem to deter the local gendarmes from harassing those who open carry.

It's not like it's THEIR money going into the judgments or anything...

LRoberts

Retired Master General El
    Oct 22, 2017
    SM County
    ....compared to New Jersey. I slept with the lights on last night. This 500+ page book is more horrifying than a Stephen King novel. Firearms ownership in NJ is best compared to entering a minefield. And the Nazi-esque uniforms speak volumes about the NJSP approach to enforcement.

Great pic of the Gestapo.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The only reassuring thing we can say to ourselves is " Thank God , we're Not New Jersey " .

Other Anti states can have mixed results in comparison . I have had people tell me with a straight face that Mass and NY State are better than Md , and from their context they were correct . But NJ is unalloyed suck, with no redeeming qualities .

Tod

MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    I too am from Jersey and have experienced the firearms ID card and a pistol purchasing permit for each handgun bought. The Jersey assault weapons ban and I even remember having to sign a log book for buying ammo that could be used in a pistol. After moving here I thought all that was behind me... slowly but surely our state government is eroding all that I had gained moving here. As soon as I can retire I will once again move to where the grass is greener.
    I must say Jersey has great Diners, Pizza, Bakeries, Bagels and bread...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom