• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    Going out to the blind this morning and see a light. Guys had the balls to build a blind across from us on our property and park their boat right in front of our blind.
    Don't hunt here much early so they probably thought we weren't hunting.

Attachments

• 9916.jpg
      9916.jpg
      97.4 KB · Views: 739

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Pretty ballsy. Looks like you're getting glassed in that photo. Only thing I could even think is they registered a blind site if you forgot to claim with the state. Even then they can't build a structure.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Sometimes situations require the full-on Viking approach - did you sink their boat and burn their blind? What nerve!

I would make sure that I owned the property first. If I didn't, I would let the owner know and let them handle the problem and do as instructed.

If I did happen to be the owner, I would have entered the blind and started hunting with them just to mess with them and see what they did for little bit.

metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    Its land we have rented for awhile now and we block every year. they were a few hundred feet into our shoreline and there is a property between us and the property they are allowed to hunt. They were apologetic but i am pretty sure they new they were not on their land. Theirs is not very big.

metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    Free boat and a free blind.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Before I realized that they were on our property 100% that's what i told them. I rode down to them and told them to please remove their boat from in front of my blind or I was going to have a free boat.

I turned it all over to our club manager and I think it has been all work out, the kids weren't being assholes to us. Our blind is over 20 years old and needs to be brushed, they probably thought no one was hunting and they could get away with it. We will be putting up new signs next week.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Before I realized that they were on our property 100% that's what i told them. I rode down to them and told them to please remove their boat from in front of my blind or I was going to have a free boat.

I turned it all over to our club manager and I think it has been all work out, the kids weren't being assholes to us. Our blind is over 20 years old and needs to be brushed, they probably thought no one was hunting and they could get away with it. We will be putting up new signs next week.

That sounds like the best possible resolution. It is amazing how much drama can be diffused through reasonable communication.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

least they werent being A-holes...apart from the trespassing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom