Where do you buy and AR/M4 in central MD????

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    Dan looks like he has some good prices for his "pre-election sale" I should try and at least get lower. Stag should be good, right?

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    I think I'll try wednesday. anything with an upper, bolt group or stock yet? Did it have the trigger group?

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    ok, so now I have a trigger group and lower.

I really like this upper.
    486925.jpg

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=486925&t=11082005

any objections? Should I get the special type of throat or just stick with the .223. I heard that 5.56 nato uppers are a little less accurate with .223.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    For those of us in the middle of the state Gun Rack has gotten better, for a while their prices had gotten way out of line (even by Maryland standards) (note I define out of line as 125% of MSRP or mroe) but lately I have been noticing more moderate prices. Plus with the economic downturn they seem to have gotten a lot of guns on consignment which are barely used and reasonable. I actually am going to stop over next week and see what they have. Wish I could get em to move on the price for the Bushmaster Bullpup they have on the wall!

Atlantic is decent for customer service, I have bought a few gfuns off of them in the last couple years. Their prices are awful high though, but they do seem to move them.

I hear really good things about gun connection but it is a fairly good hike for me unless I have other business in that part of the state.

Buying a lower isnt a bad idea either, I am in the middle of a plain jane A2 build on an Olympic receiver I bought a decade ago. Using a basic J&T kit which I hope to pick up at the Chantilly show to save some shipping.

TonyB

Feb 18, 2007
    Annapolis
    Mark,
    I'm an AR noob as well (but in the same 'I want I want' boat...esspecially since the shoot last month, and moreso since Tuesday night) so I won't comment on what's good and what isn't.

I will say that I've been reading up on AR-15.com and there is tons of good input, advice, and how-to's.
    Checkitout if you haven't already, truly invaluable: AR-15 - Information Library

From the Ideal Rifle article, regarding the 20" barrel:
    "Twenty-inch barrels are a bit long, and don’t offer the performance increase over a 16" barrel to justify their length and additional weight. Anything above 20" detracts from the rifle’s "all purpose" use, and is for more specialized applications."

Good luck and have fun, I hope to go down the same path very shortly. Just need to ensure I'll remain married if I do. :innocent0

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    I got everything except an upper now. I'm probably going to just mail order that unless there are some cheaper ones in MD. I rather register the lower with the police so when they become illegal they know where to find me :).

But this form and Dan were a lot of help. I got the Lower, lower parts, stock, and 4 30-rnd magpul pmags. My understanding is that I just get this thing in the mail, line up some bolts and put it on my lower.

This is easy and everyone needs to go out and at least buy an AR lower.

TonyB

Feb 18, 2007
    Annapolis
    It's always easier to ask forgiveness then permission.

:whip:
    Na, she's cool...but only after a little noise. I just need to get her out shooting (she wants to take a class first),
    then maybe she'll warm up to it. :thumbsup:
    Oh, and her biological clock being stuck at full-throttle baby mode sure isn't helping, either.

I'll just set aside some of my xmas/end-of-year bonus for a few months. :innocent0 :gun1:

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    ok so what is the deal with the lower and upper? All the main places are sold out with not back order. I know have the complete lower with stock, lower parts and lower. All I need is the upper.

But do I have a pre-ban(no ban) or post ban upper.

anyone find a site that is still selling decent complete uppers?

so far http://www.talonarms.com/talonarms/index.php?main_page=index

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    did EBR just restock? Looks like a lot more uppers are back.

I think I'm going to try and buy something from them...are double stars good? anyone order off ebr recently? Is there a good sales rep to contact?

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    did EBR just restock? Looks like a lot more uppers are back.

I think I'm going to try and buy something from them...are double stars good? anyone order off ebr recently? Is there a good sales rep to contact?

The owner at EvilBlackRifles.com is Pete....he's been good to me with my Stag kit. I was referred to him by Numidian. I would buy from him again. He's got a Stag 4H kit i'm eyeing up and YES, Doublestar makes a good kit.

Go to AR15.com "Build It" section, the top kits from this site (That are NOT RRA or DPMS) is Doublestar, Del-Ton, J&T (who distributes Doublestar), and Model 1, and AR15sales.com/Legal Transfers.

AR15.com has been a wealth of info for me of what good and not good. So far stay away from Blackthorne (ie Vulcan)

jdougal08

Jan 25, 2008
    I’m relatively new to guns (own an XD .9mm and .40sc) and have zero knowledge of rifles. Is there any one source where I can go and read up on them (like difference between ar15 and m4)? I’m mostly interested in learning the parts, what they do, what to purchase, and finally how to assemble one. Any suggestions?

RipkinC

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2007
    Free America
    Yeah I am in a sim spot right now.
    I am ordering a RRA National Match upper and the parts etc. to go with my MD shooters lower for a service rifel gun, but I also want a shorter fun-gun and soon (the RRA is on a 12+wk backorder right now) and all other uppers are on a 2-3wk back order too.
    I have thought about a quick build but still unsure too. Plus I want a SBR too. ugg the decisions

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I’m relatively new to guns (own an XD .9mm and .40sc) and have zero knowledge of rifles. Is there any one source where I can go and read up on them (like difference between ar15 and m4)? I’m mostly interested in learning the parts, what they do, what to purchase, and finally how to assemble one. Any suggestions?

Try AR15.com under the "Build it yourself" section. It has a detailed part by part section on how to build your own AR. Also you can read about other shooters, what they like and didn't like about parts and kits.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/board.html?b=3

Also try the "Rifle" section of MDS...you'll have to read back but when I was looking to build my first EBR, many of hte questions I had were answered here.

http://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

hope this helps

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom