• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G8tor

Nov 30, 2013
    Calvert County
    Are you guys finding that the order received date you're getting from CMP matches with tracking for the carrier you used? Or is CMP's received date when they start processing your order, but not necessarily when it was physically received?

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Just received a call (21 April 2021 @5pm EST) from CMP requesting updated payment information for an ammo order placed 12 January 2021. The visa I used for the order was compromised shortly after I placed the order.

It was for some Creedmore .308 167 gr Lapua Brass (100 rounds for $125) and .22LR Match ammo (500 rounds for $105).

I asked about my two outstanding Garand orders and she was very polite and nice but she explained she did not know anything about that and she was calling only about my ammo order.

boisepaw

boisepaw
    Jan 5, 2015
    Eastern shore, MD
    It’s been said before...Charley Maloney will cure anything that ails a Garand.

My buddy got his special rack two days ago. I think he said the total time from mailing in to fulfillment was right around 21 weeks.

Here were his first impressions of his Special Rack:

He bought it to be a shooter which it should do just fine as such.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    It’s been said before...Charley Maloney will cure anything that ails a Garand.

There's not really anything that ails it other than the fact that it doesn't have paint on the SS gas tube. With the new criterion barrel, it'll be a tack driver all day long. It's been built professionally by the CMP, it's A-OK to shoot as is.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Someone who ordered a Special Rack in mid-December got a shipping notice yesterday.
    We'll see if the Special Racks start shipping more regularly.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    I didn't see the shipping email until this morning - My Service grade and .22LR & .308 ammo order should be delivered today.
    I had to call in sick so I would be home to sign for it.

For my Luck of the draw SA / HRA Service Grade it looks I am getting a May 1944 Springfield Armory Garand. That is what I asked for on a yellow sticky I sent in with my order - I don't know if that made a difference or I just got lucky.

About the same time I ordered mine, a friend also ordered a luck of the draw SA/HRA. He also asked for a WWII SA on a yellow sticky - he got a six digit serial number SA that is in excellent condition.

No updates on my Rack Special order.

FWIW, The service grade was ordered about 2-3 weeks AFTER the Rack Special. Something must be holding up the Rack Specials.

Pic will follow once it comes in.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    If I may ask, what did you pay for the Service Grade? I'm debating calling them and changing my order.
    Also, please let us know what your muzzle and throat readings are when the rifle arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom