• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    Don’t move to MD. It sucks here, and the crime/crap that exists in Baltimore/DC is only spreading further throughout MD. Don’t move here. It’s not worth it, just look at how many of us are leaving/going to leave soon

Lets us all move to the ranch in Wyoming. Sounds like lots of space in the bunkhouse out there :lol:

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Yep. They are actively discouraging people from getting help.

Knowing Maryland, and owning guns, I would never seek mental health services if I ever needed them. Being a law-abiding citizen with no criminal or mental health history, I would no-doubt be immediately locked up and the few firearms I didn't lose in a tragic boating accident would be seized. :mad54:

Seriously, I wouldn't discuss my mental health with any doctor or nurse, or any authority figure.

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I know that i may be dreaming but all the counties east of the bay bridge all the way up to the PA/DE Line along the Chesapeake Bay vote to leave MD and become part of DE. At least DE it is a lot easier to get a CCW permit even if you do have to jump thru a couple of extra hoops to get it. MD has totally become the east version of Cali as far as I am concerned.

If that happened, they'd have to expedite that third Bay Bridge to handle all the moving van traffic of Maryland expats heading over there.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Lets us all move to the ranch in Wyoming. Sounds like lots of space in the bunkhouse out there :lol:

Works for me lol. I can’t wait to live in a free state. It’ll be so weird having 30 rd mags and any other normal/standard capacity mag shipped right to my doorstep....

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    Not sure what the worry is about. Hogan is ahead by double digits, has way more cash on hand, and is gliding towards a 2nd term. The MGA can revisit whatever they want, Hogan wont let them take more of our gun rights.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Not sure what the worry is about. Hogan is ahead by double digits, has way more cash on hand, and is gliding towards a 2nd term. The MGA can revisit whatever they want, Hogan wont let them take more of our gun rights.
    Ugh. You've just kicked off the umpteen thread about this... unless you missed the sarcasm icon...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Maryland's Democratic overseers have had plenty of opportunities to "revisit gun laws," without actual solutions.

It's time to revisit the politicians. They're what hasn't worked.

How many times will people elect the same types of people to office and expect a different result?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Maryland's Democratic overseers have had plenty of opportunities to "revisit gun laws," without actual solutions.

It's time to revisit the politicians. They're what hasn't worked.

How many times will people elect the same types of people to office and expect a different result?

Well this state has has only had two Republican Governors in the last 40 years.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    People act as if all of these shootings can be prevented. They can't. You can't strip people of fundamental rights because of mental illness because most mentally ill people are no more a danger than anyone in the general population. You can't strip rights because sometimes people need help. You can't strip rights because people are odd. Sometimes the first sign that people are capable of committing mass murder is when they commit mass murder.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    People act as if all of these shootings can be prevented. They can't. You can't strip people of fundamental rights because of mental illness because most mentally ill people are no more a danger than anyone in the general population. You can't strip rights because sometimes people need help. You can't strip rights because people are odd. Sometimes the first sign that people are capable of committing mass murder is when they commit mass murder.

Exactly. Unless you can convince people that a right is not a right at all. All this will do is drive more people away from needing help. Hell, do how many off lable uses there are for antidepressants (I'm sure you do,, teratos) that have absolutely nothing to do with menental illniss?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    LOL.

I lived in Maryland 2 decades ago and then left for college out of state and never went back. But I recall it being a good place to raise a family so I am looking (now very seriously) at going back. Of course the strange gun laws have always been a concern, even long before the FSA so I am always on notice for any potential legislation. Not sure at this point what they could really pass that wouldn't end up getting thrown out of court they already have extremely restrictive laws with respect to guns. If good tangible results were realy the desire they would look at the things that have caused the major breakdowns in society and fix accordingly. But we all know that won't happen. Gotta head down to the bunk house now they are calling me saying one of t ranch hands got his foot stuck in the spittoon again.

It's a great place to raise a family. If you like MS-13 and want to be bled dry by taxes.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter

Stop making sense, Doc. It makes the MGA get all nervous and silly when they hear their subjects make sense.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Lets see....new Annapolis appointments...

Judiciary Chairman...Luke Clippinger
    Judiciary Vice Chair...Vanessa Atterbeary
    House Majority Leader...Kathleen Dumais
    Democrat Caucus Chair...Eric Luedtke

Umm....this session (2019) is going to be an infringefest. Not a single one of them gives a rats ass about the Constitution.

2019 MGA is going to be a nightmare for the 2A in Maryland. The House Majority Leader is as corrupt as they come, and a hateful, bitter, and just plain mean person.

If they get their way, as a Maryland resident, you'll be lucky to be able to buy a squirt gun on vacation in Myrtle Beach.

"Going full retard" will be an understatement for what they are cooking up.

(all my opinion)

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    When the Boston marathon was bombed by someone with a pressure cooker there was no call for banning pressure cookers. When someone ran a car through a protesting crowd there was no call for banning cars, or crowds. The country has two kinds of people: those that own firearms and those that don't. Those that don't see the tool as the problem because they personbally have no use for it and are therefore not affected. One of the reasons our government was founded with checks and balances was to protect the rights of the individual from the whims of the crowd. Seems like we are forgetting that.

In prinicple I have no objections to prohibiting people with verified mental ilness or a propensity to voilence from legally posessing firearms. However, the devil is in the details. I do not support terminating someone;'s right to own firearms without due process. When a parent's rights to interract with their child are terminated, an order from a judge is required. There is also a process of appeal and a method for reinstatement. When someone's right to liberty is terminated, (emprisonment) there is a court proceeding and rights of appeal. Why is the right to posess firearms any different?

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Why is the right to posess firearms any different?

Because in the minds of people like Brian Frosh and Kathleen Dumais, people who desire to possess firearms are undesirables. And every time some evil individual commits a mass shooting, that image is only reinforced to them, no matter how rare those events truly are and what a tiny percent of the population have that sort of malice in them. And the fact that someone with that evil intent can merely find another tool for mayhem if one or all types of firearms are unavailable, is lost on the MGA leadership.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    "Revisit Gun Laws", I don't think so. Revisit to me is reviewing the current laws and modifying them or repealing them. No, they mean to enact more useless "Feel Good" laws. I suspect that the age for long guns will move up to 21 along with Ammo and at least a 7 day waiting period.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    When the Boston marathon was bombed by someone with a pressure cooker there was no call for banning pressure cookers. When someone ran a car through a protesting crowd there was no call for banning cars, or crowds. The country has two kinds of people: those that own firearms and those that don't...

When someone's right to liberty is terminated, (emprisonment) there is a court proceeding and rights of appeal. Why is the right to posess firearms any different?
    Very well written and very true. The problem is that they aren't trying to restrict certain citizens from owning guns, they are trying to restrict EVERYONE from owning guns. They don't care about the 2nd amendment, they want it gone. They can't take it outright, they can only continue to chip away at the edges until there is nothing left. It's like the old saying;

How do you eat an elephant?
    One bite at a time.

The true intent isn't to disarm the mentally ill, or the criminal faction, or the domestic abuser... the true intent is to disarm the entire society.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom