• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    With the DINO movement going strong I've been trying to find a way I can make a difference. I'm lucky in that I live in Pasadena and all my representatives at the state level are pro 2A, so how does being a DINO help me?

The AG race.

We MUST do everything we can to make sure Frosh does not get the Democrat nomination for AG or we are toast.

There are currently 3 other candidates: Delegates Aisha Braveboy, Jon Cardin & Bill Frick. Cardin is the only one I know of, the other two I'm clueless. Everyone who is a DINO needs to rally behind one of these alternates, I'll even go out of my way and campaign on their behalf in my area.

Which one of these three would be the lesser of the evils?

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    With the DINO movement going strong I've been trying to find a way I can make a difference. I'm lucky in that I live in Pasadena and all my representatives at the state level are pro 2A, so how does being a DINO help me?

The AG race.

We MUST do everything we can to make sure Frosh does not get the Democrat nomination for AG or we are toast.

There are currently 3 other candidates: Delegates Aisha Braveboy, Jon Cardin & Bill Frick. Cardin is the only one I know of, the other two I'm clueless. Everyone who is a DINO needs to rally behind one of these alternates, I'll even go out of my way and campaign on their behalf in my area.

Which one of these three would be the lesser of the evils?

Frosh has a pretty hefty war chest...no way we can make any difference on that front as he's a darling of the establishment. I would focus our energies on the Delegates and Senators.

(this was back in January..no telling what he has now):

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20..._1_money-race-jon-s-cardin-incumbent-attorney

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Frosh has a pretty hefty war chest...no way we can make any difference on that front as he's a darling of the establishment. I would focus our energies on the Delegates and Senators.

(this was back in January..no telling what he has now):

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20..._1_money-race-jon-s-cardin-incumbent-attorney

I disagree......to a point. Can we outspend him, or is it foolish to try? Probably. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't spread the "love" via social media and in face to face encounters. Hell, I think gun rights (in Frosh's case) can take a back seat to his handling of Jessica's Law. That can probably turn a lot more people to vote against him.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I disagree......to a point. Can we outspend him, or is it foolish to try? Probably. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't spread the "love" via social media and in face to face encounters. Hell, I think gun rights (in Frosh's case) can take a back seat to his handling of Jessica's Law. That can probably turn a lot more people to vote against him.

Jessica's law was used against him a few years back when the debacle occurred.....he still held onto his senate seat. It's not going to make a difference now.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Jessica's law was used against him a few years back when the debacle occurred.....he still held onto his senate seat. It's not going to make a difference now.

And he's now running for a statewide position, with greater exposure to voters. We can't just lie down and take it.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Someone with time and resources needs to compile an unimpeachable summary of every pro-criminal thing Frosh has ever done, and also include legislation he's sponsored that is anti-freedom.

That document could then be circulated among the media, the internet, handbills, you name it.

I would contribute what few shekels I can to this effort.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    And he's now running for a statewide position, with greater exposure to voters. We can't just lie down and take it.

Exactly. I don't care what his war chest is, we need to get behind one of his competitors. Look at the CO recall elections, the recall effort was outspent 6:1 against heavily entrenched politicians in Democrat districts and yet the recall passed.

We CAN have an effect. I'm not saying we make it a huge financial push, but yes we can talk to our friends and neighbors. No one pays attention to AG, the only name recognition he has is in MoCo.

So who of these three is worth supporting and has an eyelash at beating him. Obviously Cardin has name recognition, but he's probably just as bad as our lovely Senator.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    As DINOs we MUST organize against Frosh! We can't just lay down and let him walk into AG!

We may not have a ton of money to fight him, but most people don't know what an AG is or does. I expect the vote total to be very low for AG in the primaries and I think we have a good chance of unseating him, because every DINO in the state can vote against him.

Use Jessica's Law. Use the rain tax. Use the gas tax, the alcohol tax, the increased sales tax. Use everything you can to sway others to vote for someone else.

Now the only question is, who is that someone else?

Personally, I can't vote for anyone named Cardin. Ben is not my friend. His son reminds me of Sarbanes - a spoiled rich kid trying to ride on daddy's powerful coat tails and skate through life.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Yes, I would have to swallow almost as much bile to support Cardin as I would frosh but I don't know anything about the other two. So I think it would have to be one of the other two.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    here's a start..his voting record (makes me want to puke):

Notice all the tax increases (including the gas tax....I'm sure people would respond to that since it directly affects their pocketbooks)

http://votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/6072/brian-frosh#.UkGHhhAphbo

Unfortunately I'm not sure that will help where he has strong support: MoCo. I live in this ******** and I know some otherwise very good people who believe in making themselves poorer through redistribution. I can't fathom why they think this way. I guess that's why I can't understand dumbocrats at all.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    6072_lg.jpg

This alone makes me want to puke!

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Unfortunately I'm not sure that will help where he has strong support: MoCo. I live in this ******** and I know some otherwise very good people who believe in making themselves poorer through redistribution. I can't fathom why they think this way. I guess that's why I can't understand dumbocrats at all.

We have to frame the issues in a way that folks (democrats) respond to. For instance...on the gas tax. Rather than focus on the tax one could say "Frosh voted to increase the price of gas" That WILL get attention.

Play their game....

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    So it sounds like we're down to Aisha Braveboy or Bill Frick if we don't go with Cardin. I personally don't like him much, but if he has a better shot at defeating Frosh...

Anyone live in Braveboy or Frick's districts?

chuckgregory

Feb 14, 2010
    on the block
    Someone with time and resources needs to compile an unimpeachable summary of every pro-criminal thing Frosh has ever done, and also include legislation he's sponsored that is anti-freedom.

That document could then be circulated among the media, the internet, handbills, you name it.

I would contribute what few shekels I can to this effort.

Seconded.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    So it sounds like we're down to Aisha Braveboy or Bill Frick if we don't go with Cardin. I personally don't like him much, but if he has a better shot at defeating Frosh...

Aisha would do well in PG county (not making this a racial issue) but they historically have greater support for black candidates.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    With our limited resources it would most likely be better to take some low hanging fruit. Not against going after Frosh but we should not be focusing the majority of our money or attention on him as it is a losing battle.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD

I say let that decision wait until after the primary. For now, it's "anyone but him."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom