Baltimore Sun Attacks Gun Owners (again)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    What an ass. This is my favorite part of the article -

"Average gun owners probably aren't all that worked up by the backlog or by whether the state police employ data entry clerks from the health department. The vast majority aren't much affected by the requirement and didn't rush out to bolster their inventory after the massacre of innocent children and school teachers in Connecticut".

I "bolstered" mine.

mward

Ultimate Member
    Dec 4, 2009
    Annapolis
    gun control, same-sex marriage and abolition of the death penalty
    He's 3 for 3 on my sh!t list. Well actually I don't mind same sex marriage, but lets take away their guns, and if they go on a killing rampage, we will just let them get free healthcare, food, and luxuries for life.

chucks

Sep 30, 2010
    The Frederick News Post pretty much copied the Sun in its own editorial today.
    Same old crap. As usual they don't know what they are talking about.

RugerFan

Jul 18, 2013
    Silver Spring
    What an ass. This is my favorite part of the article -

"Average gun owners probably aren't all that worked up by the backlog or by whether the state police employ data entry clerks from the health department. The vast majority aren't much affected by the requirement and didn't rush out to bolster their inventory after the massacre of innocent children and school teachers in Connecticut".

I "bolstered" mine.

me too.

I'm average as as can be, and generally a .22 shooter, but I went and bought the Glock 19 I've long thought about strictly because I knew that I'd be paying for undersized mags if I waited. If mfr. includes 15-round mags as per their design of the pistol, why don't I deserve to get what I pay for?

Wouldn't have done it without the law, as I was in no rush to buy this pistol until MD imposed one on me.

It also has NOTHING to do with Newtown, don't they get that???

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    me too.

I'm average as as can be, and generally a .22 shooter, but I went and bought the Glock 19 I've long thought about strictly because I knew that I'd be paying for undersized mags if I waited. If mfr. includes 15-round mags as per their design of the pistol, why don't I deserve to get what I pay for?

Wouldn't have done it without the law, as I was in no rush to buy this pistol until MD imposed one on me.

It also has NOTHING to do with Newtown, don't they get that???

No, they don't get anything. I know that some think that if you don't get your HQL and make purchases after 10/01 that they have won. I made one more purchase because I will not submit to finger printing and the other BS one has to go through. That doesn't mean I won't get a non-reg though.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    "Frosh has said that attorney general is the last office he is interested in holding and that he has no ambitions to run for governor someday"

I found one bright spot

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    You know what? They publish crap like this, knowing that it pisses us off and we'll visit their webpage to read it. That's the game that most of the media seems to be playing today. Crappy movie? They don't care. You bought a ticket. Crappy reporting? You still get the paper delivered, even if it mostly gets used to soak up your new puppy's "accidents." Crappy editorial? You visited the website, even if it was just to flame them.

I don't feel like playing that game today.

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I don't know what pisses me off the most, our State Government or the Libtard news organizations that strive to keep them in control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the news stories I have seen so far, not that there were many, keep saying we gun owners are crying over nothing and that these people are not doing the actual background checks. WTF don't they understand, its not the concern these unqualified people are doing the checks, its the fact all of our personal identification information has now been compromised. Let these fools provide the same information and hand it over to god knows who to do with as they please.:mad54: If anyone that has paperwork in the pipe suffers because of this lawsuits should flow.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I am so proud of my 2-year old that says "no commies."

The Sun isn't even worthy of use as kindling...I wouldn't want to pollute my chimney.

That explains it. I used it for starting the fire over the past winter. Just cleaned the chimney yesterday and there must have been close to an inch of creosote in that thing and I clean it annually. They say not to burn trash because it will create creosote. Now I believe them.

hyjinx9

May 24, 2013
    To whome it may comcern,

Gun control means using both hands!!!! Now gun violence is a whole different story the laws that the governor made is not going to curve gun violence it's just making it harder for hard working law abiding tax paying citizens of Maryland to own a firearm. Insted of making tougher laws against criminals that commit violent gun offense the Governor goes after our 2 AMENDMENT RIGHT AS AMERICANS. Then on top of that give the go ahead to release persolan sensitive information to agencies of the maryland State Government that do not need to know my business of owning a firearm. You need to do your homework

It's not about the damn delay....it's about MSP not following their own regulations and putting our private information at risk of disclosure.

I know, I appreciate enthusiasm. It's time for the Sun to close its doors.

No better representation of a state run newspaper, propaganda banner than the timing and content of this article.

If i hadn't seen Baltimore Sun in the link i would have that that I was reading the North Korea Times newspaper.

Meh, Baltimore Sun is garbage news. Place has been struggling for years and will continue to lose customers.

Is it worth the effort? Should there be a concerted e-mail bombing run to express our thoughts to the Baltimore crab wrapper? Or would they respond by twisting out efforts and words in a follow up editorial.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emily Miller, WashingtonTimes.com -
    MILLER: National gun registry gets head start as Maryland compromises gun owners’ privacy

The Sun's page is 'opinion' ... who CARES about their opinion. Emily rips it up ...

Nothing like coward journalism. They say we are crying about very private and possibly damaging information being released, yet there is no name on this article.

My e-mail to them

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom