• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    Hey folks

This came out of an HK33/53 (semi auto) that a buddy of mine owns. It's Tula .223/5.56 ammo.

I was thinking maybe he just got a bad bunch of ammo but I haven't be able to get up to the range with him yet to shoot some federal or WWB to compare.

I've never seen anything like this before and his HK will chew up and spit out pretty much anything you give it.

Thoughts?

001 HK2.jpg

011 HK1.jpg

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    It looks like the brass got caught on the side of the ejection port, probably early in the bolt's travel forward. Most likely weak ejection from underpowered load as previously mentioned.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Had 1 in my chamber of my galil arm ( steel case) was stuck and came out that way. Thinking it short stroked and recrammed it back in the chamber. Gun felt soft on that shot.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I shoot tons of steelcase in my HKs w no issue. That round doesn't have visible striations from the fluting so something is up (well, they are only visible as the base.) Is the chamber completely fouled? There should be obvious carbon tracks and even slightly visible stretch marks on steel from the flutes. That might lead to extraction problems.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Looks like a short-stroke and fte, causing the case to jam back up instead of ejecting clear. I have had this happen with a 308AR when testing reduced power loads, not enough to properly cycle and a similar crushing experience.. LOL

billymx48

Jun 20, 2015
    I'm with smdub. The chamber might have something in it like the lacquer from steel cases in it making the gun action slow down and jam the case up. I had a similar issue with using hornady one shot where it would actually leave a residue in my gun and make cases stick where I would have to pry the bolt open. They had similar marks where the case was sticking and swelling in the chamber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom