• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Not aimed at you in particular, but we really ought to start a movement to stop using the term "assault weapon."

I don't care whether it's used in the statutes, legal opinions, or by our own or the Left. It's a pejorative term when applied to modern sporting rifles, is used intentionally to rile up fear and a visceral emotional response, and we are playing right along with them.

How about calling them something like "Black dragons" instead?

Couldn't agree more! Add "gun violence", "high capacity", "undocumented", and "unrest" to the list as well. All are intended to alter the connotations of the words they are purposely designed to replace. All are very much carefully crafted and agenda driven terms.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    Couldn't agree more! Add "gun violence", "high capacity", "undocumented", and "unrest" to the list as well. All are intended to alter the connotations of the words they are purposely designed to replace. All are very much carefully crafted and agenda driven terms.

Calling George Orwell...

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I remember all that talk when Gansler appealed Woolard. People that actually want this to keep going in lieu of the state backing down (which is moot regardless) really haven't been in a lot of court rooms, or are gluttons for punishment.

I hope you are right.

Woollard didn't go so well there at the end...

Feb 28, 2013
    Maybe MDS should have something like a swear jar and anytime someone uses the term "assault weapon" for semi-automatics, they have to chip in ten bucks :)

Even if it's used with the sole purpose in mind of offendin' libtards?:innocent0

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    Is there even something for him to appeal at this point? With it being sent back to the lower court, doesn't that court actually have to rule in our favor before there is something for him to appeal?

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The difference is the Liberals say ASSAULT WEAPONS :shocked2::omg::shocked:.

And we say "assault weapon" :sarcasm: because we know what that term really means.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Is there even something for him to appeal at this point? With it being sent back to the lower court, doesn't that court actually have to rule in our favor before there is something for him to appeal?

He wants to appeal their decision to vacate the lower court's decision. He says the district court got it right upholding the law in the first place, that her decision should stand, and no further district court proceedings are needed.

Kinetic

MDS Supporter
    Apr 4, 2013

Add "women's health" = abortion and "New Americans" = illegal aliens to the list.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Has Gov. Hogan said anything about this?
    The last thing I remember him saying (2A related) is that he does not want to change MD gun laws which is pretty much what frosh is saying. The media could spin this to Hogan and frosh being together against the upper court's recent findings. His name is on the case so I am hoping he has a prepared answer ... and that it is pro 2A.
    I'm not trying to stir anything up just keeping my fingers crossed waiting for news.

I go with "Modern Rifle" when necessary.

Last edited:

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Maybe MDS should have something like a swear jar and anytime someone uses the term "assault weapon" for semi-automatics, they have to chip in ten bucks :)

There was such a jar at a weekend firearms class. Someone made the mistake "once". I've never used the term. The instructor picked up a rock and a wrench and asked if people stick "assault" in front of those, but alas they certainly can be. It is something the left coined, like "high capacity magazine". The left is knows how to control language. "War on women" anyone?

We should also own the term "common sense gun laws". The left keeps using it wrong.

That's another goodie :D

Of course everyone knows if any leftie brings up "gun control", you immediately agree, yes hitting the target is important..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom