• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Does anyone know of any relatively local youth camps that include riflery in their activities? I remember most of the ones I went to as a kid had .22 marksmanship (actually, all of them except for church camp.) Granted, this was 30 years ago in Texas, but still my daughter would really like to find one with shooting and/or archery. We are willing to look within about a 2 hour drive from central MD, so we would consider PA and WV.

Thanks for any input.

Fredneck

Nov 23, 2011
    Antietam rec up near Hagerstown does airsoft daily (bring your own-they supply the goggles-have an old west town where they can shoot each other) and uses surplus rifles for movies they make depicting/reactments of everything from the revolution to Sgt York ( an marine vet runs the activities). My 4 boys have always had a blast there-runs all summer-beats the crap out of daycare if you live in the area. I think they also do archery. But not real markmanship training or bullets involved (blanks at best).

sbbieshelt

Jun 26, 2009
    Simple Pleasures Farm
    Camp st. Charles in Charles county does. My boys have gone for the last 3-4 years. They also have archery, horseback riding, water sports and other stuff. We call it meatballs camp. It's down past Cobb island on the Potomac.

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    I'm not sure if you may be interested in camps that teach trap or skeet but I believe there are camps offered at PG Trap and Skeet in Glen Dale, MD

They should be listed on the website for Park and Planning www.mncppc.org

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    There are rifle two ranges at Broad Creek Scout Camp in Harford County for 22 shooting.

I know the camp allows groups other than scouts to camp there but don't know about range use though.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Not a camp, but weekly youth shooting opportunity- Berwyn Rod and Gun Club BRGC.

BRGC has rifles to loan, all safety gear, free ammo and instructors. This event is free to anyone, public welcome, and happens every week. Jus bring a kid with a good attitude that will follow instructions.

Appleseed Project is probably the best single event, kids and adults can shoot.

AGC may also have a program.

Please let us know what you end up doing.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Not a camp, but weekly youth shooting opportunity- Berwyn Rod and Gun Club BRGC.

BRGC has rifles to loan, all safety gear, free ammo and instructors. This event is free to anyone, public welcome, and happens every week. Jus bring a kid with a good attitude that will follow instructions.

Appleseed Project is probably the best single event, kids and adults can shoot.

AGC may also have a program.

Please let us know what you end up doing.

Ive heard a lot about Appleseed and will probably try that with them. She decided to go with River Valley Ranch up near the PA border. While they don't have .22's, they do have archery and air rifles which is enough to get her excited about it.

Thanks for everyone's input!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom