• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    So I was for a range prepping for a trip. My SW500 was not behaving. I stopped by an industry partner and was referred here.

Cylinder was stuck closed. I was able to knock it open with a rubber mallet and unload the weapon. It will no longer close. It has some issues I am not comfortable with for a 50 cal. Can you help?

Attachments

• sw136.jpg
      sw136.jpg
      73.5 KB · Views: 791

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Is your shell extractor rod screwed in all the way? I don't own a 500 but i have had the same issue with a model 10 and your shell extractor rod is looking a little long there......giggity

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    So I was for a range prepping for a trip. My SW500 was not behaving. I stopped by an industry partner and was referred here.

Cylinder was stuck closed. I was able to knock it open with a rubber mallet and unload the weapon. It will no longer close. It has some issues I am not comfortable with for a 50 cal. Can you help?

Give the store a call: 410-761-9815

We close at 5 pm today, so call ASAP or we will reopen Tuesday at 10am (open Tuesday - Friday, 10am - 6pm)

Regards
    sxs
    Sales Associate at Scott's Gunsmithing

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Is your shell extractor rod screwed in all the way? I don't own a 500 but i have had the same issue with a model 10 and your shell extractor rod is looking a little long there......giggity

Looks like the cylinder is cocked also, but maybe it's just the way the picture was taken.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Second what MPDC said. The ejector rod appears to have loosened itself. Try tightening it and see if it will close (DO NOT FORCE IT INTO PLACE). Also I'm not sure how this is possible, I read on the interwebz that revolvers never jam?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    The ejector rod on my 686 did that to me also. I took it out and put a drop of loctite on it, screwed it back in and it was good as new.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Why not simply send to back to S&W..?

All it takes is a phone call...

Actually you win.

I wanted squirrel. fixed.

I when online chat with SW they emailed a shipping tag in minutes. I'll have it checked free from them. Returned, ready in 2 weeks. So far Smith and Wesson owns in customer support.

~Thanks

I was afraid of shipping the gun... I hate Big Goverment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom