• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Buster Brown

Aug 11, 2019
    Southern MD
    Been there, Done that, Still have the P94DC shoot!!!!
    d6125c72997219e1ac55f65f720586b0.jpg

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
    ive had one just like it for years and this reminds me ive never shot it. its on my todo list now

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Had a P90 since they first hit the streets. With some TLC and stoning, it put some 220s to shame.

Could handle any ammo, even a steady feeding of +P+ with a heavier spring.

Sure, she’s a little big and heavier than most but that is a good thing if you have to pistol whip the snot of out somebody

The P 90 was originally built as a 10mm for the FBI trials. That didn't pan out for Ruger...I don't think they submitted it for whatever reason. They decided to chamber it in 45. Can't kill it.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    The P 90 was originally built as a 10mm for the FBI trials. That didn't pan out for Ruger...I don't think they submitted it for whatever reason. They decided to chamber it in 45. Can't kill it.

Sorry but the P90 wasn't designed for 10mm. The P90 was always designed to chamber for 230 grn +P

This has been discussed on the Ruger form, other sites and confirmed by a Ruger employees that no 10mm prototype guns were ever built.

I think only the S&W 1066/1076, Bren Ten and G20 were the only guns designed from their inception to be 10mm launchers. I could be wrong but dont feel like researching it.

The 10mm was already in decline when the P90 hit the shelves and FBI was already romancing the 40 Shorty.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Actual firing 10mm prototype may not have been built , but very plausible persistant Legend is that the basic design of the big bore P Series was * Designed * to be 10m compatible , from it's initial design . No question it is significantly overbuilt for " only " .45acp .

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Actual firing 10mm prototype may not have been built , but very plausible persistant Legend is that the basic design of the big bore P Series was * Designed * to be 10m compatible , from it's initial design . No question it is significantly overbuilt for " only " .45acp .

The Ruger folk say they had prototype 10mm barrels and mags but no guns were ever assembled before the project was killed.

The whole P-Series especially the P-90 was tougher than woodpecker lips so any legend is plausible.

When Antonio Banderas started shooting it up in Desparado with his P90, it became one of the greatest movies of all time to star a pistol and Salma Hayek's breasts. Dirty Harry had nothing to compare to those 3 Big Guns.

Striknine

Jan 19, 2013
    I had a KP-89 which was my first handgun. A co-worker of mine got the P95. At the time I didn’t care much for the P95 as I thought of it as a plastic gun. Now days you’re hard pressed to find a hand gun that’s not made of plastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom