• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Typically "pop- ups" are stores that literally pop up in a place for a short time. Not a permanent spot, think of it as somewhere between a mall type kiosk and a food truck.

Seems a DC official's staffer selling drugs, what could go wrong.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    What’s the problem here?
    (I’m not sure about the “fired indiscriminately” part)

Attachments

• 113F0946-6834-4B3F-AD3A-4F6435F8F9CE.jpeg
      113F0946-6834-4B3F-AD3A-4F6435F8F9CE.jpeg
      50.9 KB · Views: 687

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    I'm pretty sure that if you draw and fire your firearm in self defense you should call 911 as soon after the event as safely possible. Some have been known to make the call during the shooting, again, if possible.

Having the police review surveillance video and identify you several days later puts a little bit of a twist on the whole self-defense angle. Just saying.

I never imagined the day when getting a concealed carry permit would be easier in the District than in Maryland.

Be safe.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    There is certainly more to this story, however...

The council member he works for is so pro crime, I would not be surprised at all if he is dirty.

Last edited:

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    This article in the Post says that his gun was registered but he had been denied a carry permit.

“Staffer for D.C. Council member charged with firing a gun outside marijuana pop-up store”

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/loc...9-b873-63ace636af08_story.html?outputType=amp

“The affidavit says Fuller had registered the gun in the District but had been denied a concealed-carry permit, making it illegal for him to take it outside his residence.”

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    This article in the Post says that his gun was registered but he had been denied a carry permit.

“Staffer for Anti Gun D.C. Council member charged with firing a gun outside marijuana pop-up store”

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/loc...9-b873-63ace636af08_story.html?outputType=amp

“The affidavit says Fuller had registered the gun in the District but had been denied a concealed-carry permit, making it illegal for him to take it outside his residence.”
    FIFY

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    DC being Shall Issue,, I don't see how he could own a handgun if he had been denied a permit.

But with my knowledge of the Washington bird cage liner, I'll assume once again they are wrong.

MPDC Release https://mpdc.dc.gov/release/arrest-...n-gun-offense-2200-block-25th-place-northeast
    Still looking for this guy.

Guessing he has some DUIs, drug arrests that weren't prosecuted, or something else that disqualifies for a permit, but not possession. While there is no more "good reason" required, there are still other elements of discretion that can result in a denial.

In addition to meeting all of the Eligibility Requirements to Register a Firearm, an individual applying to carry a concealed firearm must meet the follwing suitability requirements:

1) Meets all the requirements for a person registering a firearm.
    2) Completed a firearms training course by an instructor certified by the Chief ( You may apply for an exemption based on previous training within the past 2 years)
    3) Is not presently an alcoholic, addict, or habitual user of a controlled dangerous substance, unless the habitual use of a controlled dangerous substance is under licensed medical direction.
    4) Has not exhibited propensity for violence or instability that may reasonably render a person’s possession of a concealed pistol a danger to the person or another.
    5) Does not currently suffer nor has suffered in the previous five years from any mental disorder, illness, or condition that creates a substantial risk that he or she is a danger to himself or herself or others.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Guessing he has some DUIs, drug arrests that weren't prosecuted, or something else that disqualifies for a permit, but not possession. While there is no more "good reason" required, there are still other elements of discretion that can result in a denial.

WaPo said he was denied, other sources says he had one.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Most MPDC arrests for guns also have the charge, carrying without a permit. This guy wasn't charged for not having a permit. Odds are, he had one. The Wash Po is just wrong.. Again.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    The Wash Po is just wrong.. Again.

Surprise, surprise. Being connected, I wouldn't be surprised if he had a permit in the may-issue days.

Non sequitur. Does anyone know what are the permits where top "Concealed Cary Pistol License" is white text on red, as opposed to the usual white text on greyish black are? I assume these are retired MPD LEOSA permits, based on who I've seen pick them up, but wasn't sure.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Surprise, surprise. Being connected, I wouldn't be surprised if he had a permit in the may-issue days.

Non sequitur. Does anyone know what are the permits where top "Concealed Cary Pistol License" is white text on red, as opposed to the usual white text on greyish black are? I assume these are retired MPD LEOSA permits, based on who I've seen pick them up, but wasn't sure.

Retired/LEOSA

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Marijuana pop up is akin to a pampered chef party or gun show.

Different vendors meet at a location and you walk around and buy “stickers” or a “Shirt” and they give you free weed, vapes, THC Gummies/candy They are often hosted in people’s homes or bars/clubs

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Marijuana pop up is akin to a pampered chef party or gun show.

Different vendors meet at a location and you walk around and buy “stickers” or a “Shirt” and they give you free weed, vapes, THC Gummies/candy They are often hosted in people’s homes or bars/clubs

Also there is a lot of cash, drugs, and criminals.

Prime target for an armed robbery.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013

yep. There is a case of a DC resident with 18 criminal arrests, including 12 gun crimes including gun threats to persons. He got his registration after fighting for it on administrative appeal.

I will pm the case to you in your inbox here. It is public record but I don't want to dox the person

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom