• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Wow, missing posts (that were quoted anyway).

I guess that's my cue to buzz off for a while.:thumbsup:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Wow, missing posts (that were quoted anyway).

I guess that's my cue to buzz off for a while.:thumbsup:

source.gif

chillman

Sep 20, 2012
    Annapolis
    I think this is a step in the right direction for everyone. Hopefully someone can successfully argue the point that being the business owner is no different than being the employee when your not at work.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    I think this is a step in the right direction for everyone. Hopefully someone can successfully argue the point that being the business owner is no different than being the employee when your not at work.

Actually being a business owner is no different than being a citizen. A point I tried making back in 2014 when HB36 http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2014RS/bills/hb/hb0036F.pdf

was being debated.

Of course, I was talking to an uninterested group of politicians.
    https://youtu.be/vtjDcmZyFLY

Aaronbloyer

Jun 13, 2019
    I sent mine in on Wednesday and the check hasn't cleared yet. I'm not in any rush really.. I am always working wherever I go. As a buisness owner you can argue that your working any time. The key is if you get pulled over or have a run in with a cop to be nice and respectful to the police officer. Guarantee you it will go a long way. I know that you don't need to tell them you are carrying, but if you do I'm sure they would rather you be honest then them finding out you have one and then asking you.. just my opinion.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    I sent mine in on Wednesday, and the check hasn't cleared yet. .

As I understand it, the check won't clear until they grant your request. If they don't give you your modification, then they're supposed to send back the check, at least that's what happened to me the last time I tried to get a modification.

FYI, I put mine in on Wednesday morning at the Pikesville location and my check hasn't cleared either.

Gliderkit1

Aug 8, 2019
    Frederick county
    Just as a reference they had mine in hand Tuesday late morning and my check has yet to be cleared as well. Also I had a hearing the same date as another member and they stated Stevi already called them I have received no call. I would assume there getting there asses handed to them right now might take a week or a few...

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Which royally sux. As a GM, I am at the owner's beck and call 24 x 7. Chalk this up to life isn't fair. There are a lot of chalk marks already there btw.

I couldn't agree more. I have two employees that do everything an owner does and they don't apply. I want to see what happens with the New York SCOTUS does. That could be a game changer in my opinion.

You guys need to use that to start to open the door wider, given this crack for business owners, my questions is why shouldn't management employees like you guys have the same, unrestricted, permits, since you have the same responsabilities.

Gliderkit1

Aug 8, 2019
    Frederick county
    As I understand it, the check won't clear until they grant your request. If they don't give you your modification, then they're supposed to send back the check, at least that's what happened to me the last time I tried to get a modification.

FYI, I put mine in on Wednesday morning at the Pikesville location and my check hasn't cleared either.

They had mine Tuesday morning and the check has now posted

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Question for the people in the know , Since i seen the example of the non-restriction permit does it really matter that the permit states multiple businesses ??? Page # 8 @ post # 76 The one shown here does not even show a business or entity .

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Question for the people in the know , Since i seen the example of the non-restriction permit does it really matter that the permit states multiple businesses ??? Page # 8 @ post # 76 The one shown here does not even show a business or entity .
    Since the businesses were only listed on the permit in the restrictions section, there will not be any businesses listed after the "NONE" is put in place because you will no longer be restricted to "while conducting business as owner of XYZ business" You'll be a free man.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Since the businesses were only listed on the permit in the restrictions section, there will not be any businesses listed after the "NONE" is put in place because you will no longer be restricted to "while conducting business as owner of XYZ business" You'll be a free man.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Free at last :thumbsup: Thank You

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    On the other hand, here's him actually saying "There are folks who need to carry a weapon when they're doing their job..." and he didn't say that was only the police who guard him, personally. In Frosh terms, that's something of a breakthrough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom