• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I have switched to Federal #1 Buck.

More pellets, but still good penetration.

#4 Buck has been shown to not reliably penetrate winter or heavy work clothing. If that is the case, what will bird shot do?

And for those with your fancy head shot, good luck in high stress, heart pounding, low light, 20 seconds after being in a sound sleep.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Seriously? Ever read case studies on the terminal ballistics of birdshot? I’d rather have a .25 ACP. I don’t think this is a sound strategy.

I would grab my Tactical over and under. I’d run at the guy yelling “Go O’s”. At the last minute, I’d jump, doing a flying somersault. When I was directly above the guy BOOM, the upper barrel will be discharged, removing the perps right ear and disabling is right shoulder so he drops his weapon. (In the event he’s left handed, I go the opposite way). I would complete my somersault, going horizontally into the opposite wall, pushing off and sliding between the perps legs. The lower barrel is then discharged into the perps crotch, with some of the spray going into the perps eyes, blinding him. This, with my shotgun in my right hand, because my left will catch his dropped firearm before it hits the floor. I will then discharge the firearm into the rectum of the perp, effectively neutralizing him.

Then I’m gonna eat a grilled cheese sammich.

After calculating the precise time line for your planned tactics I feel I should point out one unmentioned issue that I would consider a serious if not fatal flaw in your planning. The time line shows that at the precise moment you are sliding between his legs but before you take your crotch shot the perp will, because of the charge and flash bang of the first shot, evacuate his bowels which due to your position puts you at risk of at least being distracted or worst case be temporarily blinded at a critical moment. If you don't want to modify your tactical plan at least add a pair of dirt track goggles with tear offs to your gear:
    https://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/goggle-tear-offs
    :D

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    After calculating the precise time line for your planned tactics I feel I should point out one unmentioned issue that I would consider a serious if not fatal flaw in your planning. The time line shows that at the precise moment you are sliding between his legs but before you take your crotch shot the perp will, because of the charge and flash bang of the first shot, evacuate his bowels which due to your position puts you at risk of at least being distracted or worst case be temporarily blinded at a critical moment. If you don't want to modify your tactical plan at least add a pair of dirt track goggles with tear offs to your gear:
    https://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/goggle-tear-offs
    :D

:lol:

Excellent point. Tactical goggles inbound.....

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Preparedness....

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
      hqdefault.jpg
      9.5 KB · Views: 162

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man