• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    When we had a house built back in '93, I was there at least several times a week. Pictures are a must. The drywall guys covered one outlet and didn't cut it out. Easily fixed after the fact.

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    He probably means a rough-in inspection, looking at plumbing and electrical (and maybe insulation) before the drywall covers it all up.
    Word to the wise: if you did the electrical yourself and got a master electrician friend to sign it off, don't make it look too neat. Years ago, when the AA Co inspector looked at my addition's electrical (which I had painstakingly done myself, with every wire being straight and every bend 90 degrees), he said "You did this wiring yourself". I asked "now why would you say that?". He replied "No commercial guy would have done this good a job". Then he laughed and signed it off.

Same thing when I finished my basement. First thing the inspector said was, “you do this yourself?” We spent the rest of the time BS’ing while he glanced around the basement.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    If I were to do a rough walk through, I'd want my architects along. They would have prints and a working knowledge of layout, blocking, etc. I have seen this throughout the building phase of custom homes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom