• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Has any of them responded by saying, thank you for your concerns, but I intend to do everything I can to keep anyone outside of the military and police from carrying handguns in this commonwealth now and as long as I'm in office?

Mine have. But I live in Hazzard County, where the police/sheriff isn't afraid of honest, law abiding gun owners.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Has any of them responded by saying, thank you for your concerns, but I intend to do everything I can to keep anyone outside of the military and police from carrying handguns in this commonwealth now and as long as I'm in office?

I wrote to each of my Congresscritters on national issues, and each replied with nice, polite "drop dead" letters. Encouraged by that, I did the same for the state level. Result: crickets. All any of them is interested in is getting my money by contributions and taxes, and getting re-elected. Not necessarily in that order.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

I've heard Delegate Frank Turner say at a public county hearing that he didn't think private citizens should own guns. He is a piece of shit. All of my reps are VEHEMENTLY anti-gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Expanding DC-W's response to Why is Md :

CCW and OC (with Permit) is legal in Phila. Permits issued by rest of Pa, and those recognized by Pa are valid in Phila.

What IS different in Phila is , no OC w/o Permit. And Phila PD makes the issue process for city residents as difficult and time consuming as possible, and despite being Shall Issue, turns down as many people as they can for exagerated application of " persons of good character " , for things like "I don't like your haircut " .

Perhaps Why is Md was think of the system in NY ? Where Permits issued in rest of state are not valid in NYC .

But , if Md were hypothetically to go to local issue, my prediction is for 80% of the population the chances of getting permit would drop to Absolute Zero. The total number of Permits would be about the same, but concentrated in rural low population counties.

Hazzard and Garrett residents would be loving life, the rest of the state would be thrown under the bus .

I generally oppose throwing my own people under the bus.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍

CCW and OC (with Permit) is legal in Phila. Permits issued by rest of Pa, and those recognized by Pa are valid in Phila.

What IS different in Phila is , no OC w/o Permit. And Phila PD makes the issue process for city residents as difficult and time consuming as possible, and despite being Shall Issue, turns down as many people as they can for exagerated application of " persons of good character " , for things like "I don't like your haircut " .

Perhaps Why is Md was think of the system in NY ? Where Permits issued in rest of state are not valid in NYC .

But , if Md were hypothetically to go to local issue, my prediction is for 80% of the population the chances of getting permit would drop to Absolute Zero. The total number of Permits would be about the same, but concentrated in rural low population counties.

Hazzard and Garrett residents would be loving life, the rest of the state would be thrown under the bus .

Good posting as always.

silentdynasty

Apr 7, 2017
    MoCo

Nailed it on the head! This!

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Some politicians are so well entrenched that they can afford to be blunt about their views. And there are those who believe that handguns should only be accessible by the police and law enforcement. And some of these types can be as nasty as they are forthcoming.

When it comes to cops in Maryland (say cops in Montgomery County and other large counties), what are their views? Are they usually pro-gun or do they tend to be anti-gun?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I am fortunate that I live in Republican Central and if we could get some help, my representatives would be more than happy to allow their constituents to carry.

I've done my part, now it's up to the rest of you to get your representative to agree. :innocent0

:thumbsup:

Maybe the gerrymandering issue will be addressed at some point.

DontTreadOnMe

Dec 10, 2016
    In my experience, senators and representatives will respond to my emails only when they agree with what I'm asking. The anti-gunners simply do not respond to my requests for them to support 2A.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Are you registered to vote, OP?

Well, since you went there...

I would like to ask the OP if it is a revelation to him that Maryland does not have "State assemblymen".

Sort of suggests a MD resident who is highly critical of MD politics, but is not participating at a basic level.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Well, since you went there...

I would like to ask the OP if it is a revelation to him that Maryland does not have "State assemblymen".

Sort of suggests a MD resident who is highly critical of MD politics, but is not participating at a basic level.

OR freshly transplanted from a state that has State Assemblymen.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    If this woman knew I had guns, I don't believe she could sleep at night. In fact, she might have an emotional breakdown.

She's likely on anti-depressives as it is. Most of 'em are. Half the state'd be weeping endlessly if it weren't for modern "medicine".

I'll say it again: when it comes to our enumerated civil rights, think "sanctuary state".;)
    The only thing a terrorist respects is a terror worse than her own.

God, I hate this state.

The state's wonderful, but Bolsheviks're ruining the scenery.

bokeldol

Aug 10, 2012
    Has anyone written their state assemblymen on this issue and, if so, what are the types of responses you've gotten?

Have you gotten any rude or simply blunt responses that pretty much said it'll happen when hell freezes over and not one second sooner?

I've been plotting to get out of this miserable state for years and it doesn't appear I'll ever do it. Maryland officials in the past have been quite blunt in their opposition to carry permits. Even if violent crime dropped 96 percent in every state that enacted "shall issue" laws, Maryland lawmakers would still oppose them and, frankly, the idiots who live here would back them to the hilt.

Just curious, though, as to the types of responses people get.

Our daughter moved to MD from MA. We looked at moving there until we realized that MA carry laws are much much better than MD! I was surprised and we decided that we cannot move to a State with worse gun laws than MA. So PA it is!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    now that's a fact.

While politically there is no difference, only 4 states refer to themselves as a Commonwealth

Virigina
    Massachusetts
    Kentucky
    Pennsylvania

cowboy321

Apr 21, 2009
    Has anyone written their state assemblymen on this issue and, if so, what are the types of responses you've gotten?

Have you gotten any rude or simply blunt responses that pretty much said it'll happen when hell freezes over and not one second sooner?

I've been plotting to get out of this miserable state for years and it doesn't appear I'll ever do it. Maryland officials in the past have been quite blunt in their opposition to carry permits. Even if violent crime dropped 96 percent in every state that enacted "shall issue" laws, Maryland lawmakers would still oppose them and, frankly, the idiots who live here would back them to the hilt.

Just curious, though, as to the types of responses people get.

The way to get a carry permit is to move to another state. Maryland and New Jersey, as a relevant example, will never ever allow people to carry for self defense. Argue and write your delegates if you like, but forget it. Get some pepper spray or move to Virginia. Or Utah!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom