• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Last touch added today, final version... (for now.. lol)

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 6 small.jpg
      FullSizeRender 6 small.jpg
      164.1 KB · Views: 297

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    I'm giving this a shot but I'm embarrassed by the number of tools I had to buy to try. This included a dremel, a hand file, Glock tool and a small bench vise.

We'll see how it goes. I have the LPK but haven't sprung for an upper yet.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I'm giving this a shot but I'm embarrassed by the number of tools I had to buy to try. This included a dremel, a hand file, Glock tool and a small bench vise.

We'll see how it goes. I have the LPK but haven't sprung for an upper yet.
    Those tools will serve you well for a long time... and they are basic essentials for any gun crazy person! ;)

turbogrimace

Jan 21, 2014
    northern maryland
    It's a Zev Tech Pro magwell , a little pricey but nice quality. As far as the screw, I don't even notice it when holding the gun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure if I want a magwell yet, this helps. Based on the feel of an oem g19 grip, I think it'd be an improvement, but I haven't gotten my p80 frame to see how it feels in hand. Brownells was the cheapest but I knew shipping would be slow.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Thanks for the info. I'm not sure if I want a magwell yet, this helps. Based on the feel of an oem g19 grip, I think it'd be an improvement, but I haven't gotten my p80 frame to see how it feels in hand. Brownells was the cheapest but I knew shipping would be slow.
    One thing I notice by adding the magwell, it can affect the grip a little if you have big fingers. It works great for me, I have large hands, but I don't have 'fat fingers'... lol

It covers the slight protrusion on the front of the magwell area, so it does reduce the length of the front grip of the pistol very slightly. I actually like it since it allows me to put a little more downward pressure on the grip with my pinky finger when I grip the pistol and it works very well for my hands...

Saw a comment about someone using a grip extension on the mag for large hands. If you need this, you probably don't want to add the magwell to it.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I was not too happy with how difficult the pin holes were on mine, and I noticed that the slide would hang if only pulled back an inch or so and let go. So I took mine completely apart, put it back in the jig and re-drilled the three pin holes. I made sure to push the drill bit, while not spinning, all the way through the other side and then slowly turned it to ream out the holes good. I also cleaned up the rails a little (really just those plastic tabs to the rear of the rear rails). Went back together 10X easier! Also, the slide doesn't bind even if racked a little bit and released.

While I should probably shut my mouth until a few thousand rounds have been down the pipe, it seems like these 80% frames are so easy and so well made that I'd almost prefer to buy one of these and a custom slide than to buy a new factory Glock. I hope they do an 80% Glock 43 frame.

I was actually going to have my factory Glock 19 sent off to get professionally stippled and undercut. For what that would have cost, I paid for this 80% frame and still have my unmolested factory Glock frame!

Also, I think these will become so popular that more companies will be offering Glock replacement slides, driving the prices of those down a little.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I was not too happy with how difficult the pin holes were on mine, and I noticed that the slide would hang if only pulled back an inch or so and let go. So I took mine completely apart, put it back in the jig and re-drilled the three pin holes. I made sure to push the drill bit, while not spinning, all the way through the other side and then slowly turned it to ream out the holes good. I also cleaned up the rails a little (really just those plastic tabs to the rear of the rear rails). Went back together 10X easier! Also, the slide doesn't bind even if racked a little bit and released.

While I should probably shut my mouth until a few thousand rounds have been down the pipe, it seems like these 80% frames are so easy and so well made that I'd almost prefer to buy one of these and a custom slide than to buy a new factory Glock. I hope they do an 80% Glock 43 frame.

I was actually going to have my factory Glock 19 sent off to get professionally stippled and undercut. For what that would have cost, I paid for this 80% frame and still have my unmolested factory Glock frame!

Also, I think these will become so popular that more companies will be offering Glock replacement slides, driving the prices of those down a little.

I'm with you on this as well, however the slides I'm looking around are $800 plus optic lol.

I will start small and see how they last before I spend a ton of money just to see the frame crack.

Rhino

Dec 6, 2008
    Mount Airy
    Put a hogue grip on today. Gotta love free Sunday amazon delivery :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_3626.jpg
      IMG_3626.jpg
      112.2 KB · Views: 364
    • IMG_3627.jpg
      IMG_3627.jpg
      120.4 KB · Views: 570

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members