• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • winch

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2011
    Towson
    http://www.benchmade.com/crooked-river-family.html

I got the one with the wood scales.

I ordered this on Amazon a few days ago and received it last night. I've been carrying a Gerber Paraframe (the bigger one), but I was just not happy with the knife overall. The thumb studs tear up your hands, and the liner lock back did not thrill me.

I'm getting serious about self defense, so I decided to spend what I consider to be high $$ for a nice carry knife.

I am a Buck 110 fan from way back in the '70's when we all carried them as Marine Engineers. I still like the 110 but it is heavy, it is hard to sharpen, and it is hard to open, and there is no pocket clip....it's a sheath.

The Crooked River is the Buck 110 of modern times.

It's light, it's big, it's high tech.

First impressions: Blade is sharp, great warranty, big but light, fits in my pocket, easy to deploy the blade, locks up nicely. The action of the blade is stiff, but it's tight. I just applied some gun oil and it seems to help. Prolly needs to be broken in some.

All in all I'm happy with this knife so far and I would recommend it to you.

I am going to try a lanyard later.

Last edited:

crolfe1984

Enthusiast
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baltimore City, MD
    I bought two original Crooked Rivers - one to collect and for hard use. Its inaugural outing was 265 miles of continuous high Sierra wilderness. I used it on my JMT thru hike an WOW was this the right knife to carry. Excellent choice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom