Severn & Lewes
    Caveat Emptor

You don't like J2's prices then don't buy J2's ammo

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    I grabbed a couple hundred rounds of 115GR, Elite V-Crown, JHP off of Sig's website today at $1.05 /round. That's double what I paid a year ago and I'll probably be thankful I did a year from now. I don't think it much matters what happens in November, or January for that matter. Buckle up, it's going to be a rough ride for the foreseeable future.

Edit: Just went to check old pricing, I actually bought at $0.29 /round last year.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Just 2 or 3 weeks ago, a guy claimed stores were gouging because RSR, a major distributor, still listed ammo at pre Covid prices. Scott's uses them along with a few other wholesalers for supply, so I knew thry havent had any stock in common calibers. So I pointed out that, yes, their system shows pre Covid prices, but that everything is out of stock. I was call a lying a--hole and he swore all the gunstores were simply gouging. There was no reasoning with the guy. FYI, what little ammo we have we had to source outside of our normal distribution channels.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    So J2 Defense in Calvert county thinks it’s acceptable to up charge ammo by 200%.

They think it’s ok to charge $420 for 500 rounds of Hereters ammo when it’s sold at Bass Pro and Cabela’s for about $200 out the door with tax.

They also deleted the comment expressing this shameful business practice. If that place is ran by LEO and Veterans like it says then that’s even more disgusting. They are part of them problem not the solution the gun industry needs. Shop there are contribute to it and pay the astronomical prices they are asking.

Attached is a screenshot of the Facebook post they deleted. Just pure disgrace.

More bitching about ammo prices. If you don't like what J2 Defense is charging, then GO TO BASS PRO OR CABELA'S if they're that much cheaper. Most all of what I saw online at Cabela's was OOS.
    Businesses can charge whatever they want. The product will either sell or they'll be stuck with it . Very simple
    Sorry but you're gonna have to be like everyone else and buy your ammo from whomever has it at the price they want. I'm not boycotting any business just because someone throws a hissy fit. If they have what I want and I'm willing to pay what they want, we do business.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    J2 is doing what they can to try to keep ammo available for THEIR customers.
    If you dont like the price of ammo, wait til Jan when the Harris-Biden team announce the proposed $1.00 a round ammo tax.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I’d be in for a good amount at those prices today as would probably the rest of the 9mm owners in the USA which is why it isn’t there waiting for us.

Haha, no. I will wait for 200/1k again. It will take a few years, but I can wait.

SigDog

Feb 11, 2013
    West Virginia
    I blew it completely and got caught real short on 9 when the latest shortage/price hikes went into effect and since I shoot mostly 9, I'm screwed.
    I did manage to grab a case of Federal from their website for $400 and consider myself lucky to get some at what I consider a bargain price in today's market.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Haha, no. I will wait for 200/1k again. It will take a few years, but I can wait.

On second thought it still does seem high. I miss the WWB $19.99/100 price at Wally World. Added many boxes to the supply just while grocery shopping. And they would ring out the groceries at the Sporting Goods counter and I could dodge the lines.

Lowerguk

Sep 26, 2020
    Carroll County
    If anyone here knows where you can get 9mm for $200/500 post it in the ammo spotting thread, lol. Alongside the unicorn and mermaid pictures.

Attached image. 500 below $200 from Oct 11th.

Can’t use ammo spotting forum yet though.

Attachments

• 3C687BAE-06AE-4FFA-86F9-887D968DD159.jpg
      3C687BAE-06AE-4FFA-86F9-887D968DD159.jpg
      35.2 KB · Views: 491
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member