• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    I've put the barrel and action from my Remington 700 ADL 30-06 in one of these. I put it in the week before last but was trying to use a bad scope with it. I couldn't get a good zero with it and thought it was the stock's fault. I put a new Nikon Buckmasters 3 x 9 40MM scope on the rifle and finished zeroing it today at 100 yards. I shot my handloads with a minimum charge of RL-15 and 150 gr, Hornady FMJBT bullets.

I got an amazing group with it so I'll leave it alone. The group was just on the left of the bullseye and was about 5/8 inch. I'll post a pic of the target tomorrow. I'm having trouble getting used to the recoil and watched a video where the guy said to put your hand on top of the scope tube towards the front. That helped a lot. I was shooting from a Caldwell Deadshot Field Pod. I have a Limbsaver on the stock and I'm taking a long time between shots to try to do everything perfectly (as perfectly as I can).

I really need to go the distance and put a Timney trigger on it. I think that's in the near future.

Bottom line...I love this stock!

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    Here's the pic. The three holes right next to the bulls-eye at 100 yards then I moved to 150 yards to see how it shot there (with a new plate).

Attachments

• IM002656.jpg
      IM002656.jpg
      52.7 KB · Views: 229

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I bought one of those stocks a while back (after seeing someone's here, on MDS).
    I still haven't put it on my 700 SPS AAC-SD. Why???? :shrug:

Got the bottom "metal" and several magazines, too.

My youngest son just bought one of the Remington 700 (.308) that's already in the MagPul stock.

I have to put a mount/rings/scope on it, for him.

Thanks for sharing the pics!

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    I bought one of those stocks a while back (after seeing someone's here, on MDS).
    I still haven't put it on my 700 SPS AAC-SD. Why???? :shrug:

Got the bottom "metal" and several magazines, too.

My youngest son just bought one of the Remington 700 (.308) that's already in the MagPul stock.

I have to put a mount/rings/scope on it, for him.

Thanks for sharing the pics!

It's very easy to do but you should use a torque wrench to tighten the screws.

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    After taking the rifle back out on the range I found that it was shooting about the same as it was with the original stock ao I got my money back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom