• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    They were plentiful there in the late 70's and early 80's. I don't know about these days. Back then, you could catch all kinds of stuff in loch raven. :innocent0

Still can:D

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Deep Creek always had a viable population but, it's been a while since I've fished there.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Nice Northern! :thumbsup:

I have caught a few in MD, but we catch a lot of em on our summer excursions to Canada.. A good Northern will usually win the pot over a good Eye up there.. lol

Juche90

May 10, 2014
    I caught my first northern on Devils Track Lake (Superior Natl Forest) when I was a kid. Northern are pretty tasty.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I caught 3 more the other day...2---3lb'rs and a 5lb'er. Went out today and I missed three!!!!!!!!! One was big because my 20lb test line snapped when I went to set the hook :mad54::sad20:A friend I took out today got 2...a 5lb'er and a 3lb'er.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Caught tons of'm in Alaska. They love to laze around in sloughs and oxbows along rivers. We sight fish them with buzbaits and deer hair mouse flies. I caught 75 in one day on flies breaking the lodge record. What a blast!

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Caught tons of'm in Alaska. They love to laze around in sloughs and oxbows along rivers. We sight fish them with buzbaits and deer hair mouse flies. I caught 75 in one day on flies breaking the lodge record. What a blast!

nice! I caught 4 more today....2--5lb'rs and 2--4lb'rs I was the only person pike fishing most of the day then around 2:30 one guy shows up. but he didnt catch anything at the time I left around 4pm.

I caught the 5lb'rs reeling my bait in and they hit the smelt I had on the bobber rig:lol2: Oh tomorrow theres a Pike tournament so Im not going fishing....theres going to be a ton of people out there

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    nice! I caught 4 more today....2--5lb'rs and 2--4lb'rs I was the only person pike fishing most of the day then around 2:30 one guy shows up. but he didnt catch anything at the time I left around 4pm.

I caught the 5lb'rs reeling my bait in and they hit the smelt I had on the bobber rig:lol2: Oh tomorrow theres a Pike tournament so Im not going fishing....theres going to be a ton of people out there

Nice! Try some topwater.It's fun to watch'm torpedo up behind your bait!

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    they were between 26" and 28" long

Attachments

• Wills pike.JPG
      Wills pike.JPG
      105.4 KB · Views: 185

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics