• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    This is my license .......!!!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

jasonk1229

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2013
    MD
    Yes, I used to fly the Gadsen on the house but I need to get a new one - the wind is bad on the corner and they don't last too long.

I try to keep the bushes trimmed but they grow fast in the summer. I just cut off a piece this morning.

As for the system, there is no point to it if you can't see anything in detail. I use a Synology Server (16TB) with Surveillance Station software.. I use POE (power over ethernet) switches and 3MP to 5MP POE cameras like this one. This particular model has adjustable focus/zoom that can be set during installation. The POE means that you can just run one ethernet cable to it from a POE switch/supply and it doesn't need other power.

The problem with the other security systems is that people just keep buying the cheap systems that come with a horrible recorder and 4 bad resolution cameras and think that it's going to be good.

I started this to be a discussion but not to be derogatory toward the officers. I have a lot of respect for them and the fact that they are still officers after what happened with the riots. Whether or not some of the officers did inappropriate things in the past, our current officers deserve respect and for their community and leaders to support them.
    15tb I see you upgraded from 12 on the camera update pimpin system!

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC

Thanks for the awesome write up. I'm having probs with my current system so plan to build a system off the synology NAS like you have.

I'm curious with the 16gb how many days of video are you keeping? I know it depends on number of CAM's and their settings but I'm interested in knowing in general what to expect.

euler357

Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Odenton, Marylandistan
    I keep between 14 and 60 days depending on the camera location.

It has 4x 4Tb drives in a synology raid which leaves 12 Tb of usable space and protection if one drive goes bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom